200 MPH?

cobrakommander

How fast have you gotten your cobra and where? The fastest I have gotten mine was 160 on a two lane highway (highway 95) in northern NV. Looking for a long straight highway to bury the speedo.

Has anyone hit 200 mph?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I hit 181 in my 2013 down in Mexico. It would've needed QUITE a bit longer straight to hit 200.

deepblue13

Established Member
Should hit over 200 this year at the Texas Mile. Pretty excited. Best was 176 mph in half mile at mile in March of this year but was having issues with wrench coming on due to throttle body slamming shut. Issue resolved so I'm looking forward to the event next month.

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
Right around 160 mph on I 26. Regularly 130 to 140 mph, it shouldn't be this easy to get to those speeds and back down in such a short distance/time. I've been pulled at over 100 mph a couple times. Not being able to control myself is part of the reason I'll be putting the car up for sale soon.

Coosawjack

Established Member
Right around 160 mph on I 26. Regularly 130 to 140 mph, it shouldn't be this easy to get to those speeds and back down in such a short distance/time. I've been pulled at over 100 mph a couple times. Not being able to control myself is part of the reason I'll be putting the car up for sale soon.

GLAD I'm down here and not around I-26 then!!o_O

Hope you get rid of the car before you kill someone!!:(

Last edited:

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Throw some gears in it and it makes it more fun at lower speeds. With my 4.10s I'm deep into 5th at 160.
Do these cars have a 'black box' recorder? My Hellcat saves personal bests and my tire guy asked me where I hit 162 :)
-J

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
Throw some gears in it and it makes it more fun at lower speeds. With my 4.10s I'm deep into 5th at 160.
Do these cars have a 'black box' recorder? My Hellcat saves personal bests and my tire guy asked me where I hit 162 :)
-J
I've got the 3:73s and it is quite enjoyable at low speeds no doubt. But, I just don't drive it anymore and I've got my eye on another hobby that could make the car nothing but a garage queen.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I've got the 3:73s and it is quite enjoyable at low speeds no doubt. But, I just don't drive it anymore and I've got my eye on another hobby that could make the car nothing but a garage queen.
Well you've got a beautiful Shelby, won't be hard to sell buddy.
I can't wait to get mine on track because it's useless under 50mph and hard to get out once it's pulling. Thankful to have lots of country roads that are straight and well paved. Need the drag strip to get it out of my system.
-J

Users who are viewing this thread