• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

2000 Cobra R Black Binder

Discussion in 'Cobra R's' started by MarkSchaub, Oct 19, 2018.

Tags:
  1. MarkSchaub

MarkSchaub New Member

I own chassis no. 114. Would appreciate any help in locating the 'black binder' for my car... I realize it's a long shot. Thank you.

2. Goose17

Goose17 SVT collector nut Established Member

Did you call SVT on the off chance it was never claimed?

3. TFStang

TFStang Well-Known Member Established Member

Best first step as they still have a few lying around. Amazes me that with only 300 cars produced there are still unclaimed binders at SVT.

Goose17 likes this.
  4. 429SCJ

429SCJ New Member Established Member

Yes call SVT. I called them after I purchased #299. They had the black binder for my car and sent it to me for free. I actually received the binder before the car arrived.

Goose17 likes this.
  5. flattrack53

flattrack53 Active Member Established Member

I purchased #114 from Russo and Steele in Scottsdale. When I purchased the car I was promised all of the paperwork would come with the car. Unfortunately, the person I purchased it from was Roger Rodas. Rodas was killed in an accident along with Paul Walker shortly after. Rodas and Walker owned a car business called Always Evolving. After they were killed; I tried to follow up on the paperwork and the lines were disconnected. I was never able to receive the paperwork.

Unfortunately, my original email was compromised... I did a lot of research on the car...The original owner worked at Roush and designed the IRS. He sent me pictures of all of the paperwork that went with the car. He had window stickers, black binder, press kit, original purchase order, etc. He actually walked the car down the assembly line and kept every ticket stub from the car. He claimed that they did in house porting on the upper and lower intake manifold to get more power out of the car at the factory.

I'm sure the black binder is somewhere out there... I just have no idea on how to get it. I gave up on trying to get it and just sold the car.

FYI, I was told the fuel cell bladder was replaced right before I purchased it.

6. specracer

specracer SVTOA MCA Premium Member

I had a similar experience with AE, but luckily I got the items (window sticker etc). Took several phone calls and persistence. This was before the accident.