2000 Cobra R motor on BAT

nmp1

Established Member
saw that, listing is weak by Bat standards. he has a pile of R specific parts in the background that belong with the engine and there is no word as to whether they are included as well as some stuff missing.

Used Oil

Established Member
I don’t browse BaT, a shame it’s weak compared to the norm if that’s the case. Nothing but the motor is included in the auction.

flattrack53

Established Member
I was thinking a lot of the parts were included like ECU. It is probably one of the worst written BAT ads I’ve ever read.

nmp1

Established Member
I was thinking a lot of the parts were included like ECU. It is probably one of the worst written BAT ads I’ve ever read.
I assume thats you as the high bidder right now. If this guy is doing some custom twin turbo build he wont be needing those other parts. I can see the airbox, intake tube, and serpentine belt in the background. what about the MAF, ECU, heck even the passenger side exhaust manifold? We all know it won't run without that stuff and its all unobtainium. BaT needs to get their act together.

Used Oil

Established Member
If there’s someone interested in all the wiring, ECU, fuel cell, shocks and struts just let me know. We can work something out for those too.

Recon

Established Member
If there’s someone interested in all the wiring, ECU, fuel cell, shocks and struts just let me know. We can work something out for those too.

I’d be potentially interested in the suspension parts. Also if you’re not using the steering rack, add that to the list.

Pick your poison.

Established Member
I think it will sell well. I've considered selling my 68 shelby on BAT, so I'm watching this with interest. Have many on here sold anything on the platform?

Cobra R In WI

Established Member
I would be interested in the entire package of parts for the car. I would need to know what you have, price, and location. I can travel if I need to. From the BAT listing, PA, correct? FYI, I will be going through the Lockwood area later this summer on my way to Boston with my pickup to do some work.

Last edited:

Saleenrose

Established Member
Funny, I bid I thought a lot more on eBay. Reserve not met. I would have bought everything for 16, I really don't need it so I felt it wasn't worth the effort after no sales so many times.

flattrack53

Established Member
The ad was so poorly written and quite frankly I wasn’t sure what was included in the package. I didn’t see the sellers reply to my comment until the auction ended. I think the motor was well bought.

Used Oil

Established Member
The ad was so poorly written and quite frankly I wasn’t sure what was included in the package. I didn’t see the sellers reply to my comment until the auction ended. I think the motor was well bought.
I had several people say they didn’t do the listing justice but I didn’t realize it as I don’t browse BaT. I felt responding to people’s emails through the site was easy enough but keeping up with the comments section wasn’t the best for communication.

Cobra R In WI

Established Member
Lol, I didn’t even know you can email on BAT. I guess you learn something new everyday.
I actually read the listing several times and looked at the side bar listing. Both indicated the wiring were included. As the buyer, I have spoke with the seller since and am amazed at the quality of the build he is having completed. The attention to detail is very, very impressive. The guy doing the work is a total artist without question! Ideally I would like to pick up the parts so that I can see the actual build in person. Amazing, as is the seller. Thank you.

Cobra R In WI

Established Member
$13K! @Cobra R In WI, you did well. Any immediate plans for it? Or are you saving it for future use.
I will be picking up all of the parts next week. They will probably go on the storage shelf for the time being. I just returned from Road America where I ran my R for the first time. Wow! Stout car and motor to say the least. Bruce from Fulltilt was correct when he told me the Mustangs and others would be much faster and that I should focus on one of those. But, no. I had a great time, passed by many, and I was driving a track focused, snorting monster that I can't wait for the next track day.

Users who are viewing this thread