2000 GT 4V Swap, worth it?

JoeyR

omgwtfhax
Established Member
Hey all,
thanks for looking. I bought my 2000 GT back in 07. Needless to say I've gotten pretty bored with the car, in terms of performance(2v gutless top-end FTL). I've for a long time thought about doing a 4V Swap(n/a) But figure for the normal price & effort, it would simply be far cheaper to just buy a Vortech Supercharger Kit. Well just recently a local guy here in town bought a wrecked 96 Cobra with plans to use the engine/tranny for a build of his own. Needless to say his plans came to an end. He offered to sell me the Engine, Transmission, all wiring, Ecu, ect ect. Pretty much everything to make it work, for an absolute steal(1g). I guess what I am asking is would this be worth it to me? What else might I need to finish the swap? Any advice on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

p.s. The engine has 115k on it. However I plan to re-build it how I want it, before dropping it in(assuming I buy it)

Last edited:

Blown2v5.0

Established Member
I would definitely do it. I would definitely forge the bottom end before putting it in though. Also freshen up the heads with new valve seals as well. With those heads and intake their is more potential, especially with the cost of 1k. Ported 2v heads or trick flows will run you more than that.

As far as I know you wouldn't need anything else.

Other thought is, just buy the heads and intake from him to save you some money. Put them on your block after building it. Use your stock computer. All you need to do is extend and rewire a few small things. I think it like 4-6 wires. And you would have the same thing with less money buying it from him. Just a thought.

Hope that helped a little.

Sent From a galaxy far far away

JoeyR

omgwtfhax
Established Member
Every bit helps! And I don't think he wants to part out the engine to that degree. He seemed pretty set on selling the engine/tranny together. And yeah, 2v trickflow heads will end up well over 3g when said and done. Supercharger is the same story. The only other option is Nitrous, however that's cheap enough to just tach on later. Honestly there is just so many options, hence why I am asking for advice. The one thing is certain, i am tired of the gutless top-end of the 2v. Obviously the 4v has more potential. And with getting this engine so cheap, I can even sell my 155k mile 2v for something at-least.

Blown2v5.0

Established Member
Buy 4v, build bottom end for boost, buy a used vortech kit (2000$), fuel system. Done. 600+Hp beast for 7000$ if you do work yourself.

Sent From a galaxy far far away

JoeyR

omgwtfhax
Established Member
Thanks for all the input guy's. Looks like I may have a final decision.

Users who are viewing this thread