2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse | Retro Review

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Had a 95, honestly one of the most comfortable cars I ever drove. Very ergo in every aspect. Wasn't terrible for a young Military guy.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Back around 2012 or so, a teenage coworker had one of these with every piece of Fast & Furious gear he could find.
Full fiberglass bodykit with garage door gasket for a splitter around the whole car, park bench on the trunk blah blah blah. He always talked smack about racing my Cobra, but not once did he ever want to line up after work rolling down the highway.

That car was a turd.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Had a 95, honestly one of the most comfortable cars I ever drove. Very ergo in every aspect. Wasn't terrible for a young Military guy.

Same. I actually miss my old eclipse sometimes just for how comfy that little turd was

SHOdown220

Established Member
Last time I was in one of those I was riding shotgun with a friend probably around 2004-05. We rear ended a clean Focus SVT. Never cared for that generation, we had a couple guys in high school who had the previous gen GS-T and GSX. F&F man lol

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member

Collin Wilshire 4G63 Eclipse 6.573@ 223MPH​

Do you know the difference between the Gen 1 or Gen 2 DSMs and the one in the retro review that was at best a chick car and most likely the choice of a Peter puffer?

Mavericks and Ridgelines are for guys that have joint FB accounts and tailgate before Curling matches.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Do you know the difference between the Gen 1 or Gen 2 DSMs and the one in the retro review that was at best a chick car and most likely the choice of a Peter puffer?

Mavericks and Ridgelines are for guys that have joint FB accounts and tailgate before Curling matches.
I just know it's an Eclipse ;)

03cobra#2

Hobbyist Of Many Hobbies
Established Member
I couldn't believe what mitsubishi had done to that car. When that body style came out it was such a huge disappointment. Back in the day they made some cool cars. The past 20 years their sales have progressively gone down. I believe it's just a matter of time before they go the way of Suzuki and pull out of the American market.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Always liked the Eagle Talon Tsi
The Eagle Talon was nice, too. I had a Gen-1 1990 Silver Eclipse GSX. It was a really nice car with decent power at the time. Never had any issues with it.

Edit: Found an old picture of it.
1644581817508.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread