2000 R Headers

Saleenrose

Established Member
Talking to Bassani again, thinking of taking car to design a set of headers, what kind of interest is out there for "Roughly" a $2000 dallar set of long tube headers. Does that amount of money leave enough interest out there to design and build them?

Bill Anderson

Established Member
If they make them out of stainless...that is a good deal, materials alone for mine were over 2k...keep us posted! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

svtguy

Established Member
I would be interested also, but I have a Maximum motorsports K-member.

Paul.

Saleenrose

Established Member
I would only do stainless, I can check about Kmembers?? What Kmember, would one that fits stock kmember fit your aftermarket? Need to make the most versatile so as to be able to sell the most, also a mid length header might be better for removal of trans. What are your ideas.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
I would only do stainless, I can check about Kmembers?? What Kmember, would one that fits stock kmember fit your aftermarket? Need to make the most versatile so as to be able to sell the most, also a mid length header might be better for removal of trans. What are your ideas.

I don't think (I could be wrong though) you will get a header to fit multiple k-members. Like Paul (svtguy) I also have a MM k-member as well.

IMHO a mid-length is not going to be the answer. Go the extra mile with a long tube or go home!

I may take my R to a header fabricator next Winter for a set of long tubes for a MM k-member. If Paul, Fred and anyone else would be interested I think we could get a pretty decent price on three, four or five sets. I would have them fab the entire system with side exits at the same time.

:dancenana:

Saleenrose

Established Member
Seems to me if it clears a factory kmember it would clear them all?

Last edited:

Bill Anderson

Established Member
If you can get them made for 2k complete...that is an awesome deal...down here if you talk to any of the winston cup guys, a nice custom set of adjustable stainless long tube headers usually run about 5k or so...mine were around 4500, 2k for the labor and around 2500 for parts...

Saleenrose

Established Member
The hope in this deal is to spread the cost over more sets than 1. I am willing to take my car to their shop and leave it, let them build and design, go back and get car after X time and he will have a designed sets to build and sell. My car already has Bassani Catless x pipe and side exhaust. To just build 1 set of stainless headers would by far exceed this cost. I also have no firm cost we are just basing this cost off other sets of headers.

gfcobra04

Established Member
Premium Member
Headers

Does anybody have an idea of what kind of power gains there would be? Sounds like most of us are running the same exhaust Bassani catless x pipe & side exhaust, plus the 90mm intake? With this setup I am at 407.
Thanks Gary.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Seems to me if it clears a factory kmember it would clear them all?

After my conversation with Merv.....er... I mean Marv today, ;-) although what you're saying is correct, it is our opinion that compromises made to accomodate the factory k-member would not be required using an after market k-member. The after market unit allows for greater flexibility in matching runner lengths than does the OEM k-member.

Does anybody have an idea of what kind of power gains there would be? Sounds like most of us are running the same exhaust Bassani catless x pipe & side exhaust, plus the 90mm intake? With this setup I am at 407.
Thanks Gary.

On Thursday of this week I talked to Al Papitto, my engine builder (Boss330 Racing) and he told me 20-25 rwhp depending on engine configuration.

So I'm pretty sure later this year or definitely over next Winter, I will be looking into a custom set of st. st. long tubes with a complete side exit system.

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

gfcobra04

Established Member
Premium Member
headers

Originally Posted by ac427cobra:
So I'm pretty sure later this year or definitely over next Winter, I will be looking into a custom set of st. st. long tubes with a complete side exit system.
This sounds like a good Christmas present. The only difference is I have the Kenny Brown front K-member. I didn't know the differences from the MM front K-member. If we can keep the price right I am interested in the complete setup or at least the headers for sure.
Gary.

Bill Anderson

Established Member
After my conversation with Merv.....er... I mean Marv today, ;-) although what you're saying is correct, it is our opinion that compromises made to accomodate the factory k-member would not be required using an after market k-member. The after market unit allows for greater flexibility in matching runner lengths than does the OEM k-member.

On Thursday of this week I talked to Al Papitto, my engine builder (Boss330 Racing) and he told me 20-25 rwhp depending on engine configuration.

Mine picked up 18hp with cats installed

Saleenrose

Established Member
I will be able to dyno car before and after, They also would be equal length headers, I guess I will just have to find out, the cost difference between getting a header that fits all kmembers and one that is specific might not out weigh the possible 4-5 hp difference.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
I will be able to dyno car before and after, They also would be equal length headers, I guess I will just have to find out, the cost difference between getting a header that fits all kmembers and one that is specific might not out weigh the possible 4-5 hp difference.

Brent:

Although 5 hp may not sound like a lot, on a 20 RWHP gain that would equate to 25%. IMHO if someone is going through the cost, inconvenience and trouble of having custom long tubes fabbed, 25% is a lot in my book.

Users who are viewing this thread