2000 R on BAT 886 Miles. First one to break $100K??

Venom351R

Established Member
I'm talking about selling price as far as what was bid on, not with fee's added on

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Are those paint defects from the factory? Must be. The hood is going to need a repaint unless the buyer wants to retain the existing "patina". A couple of nits. The exterior should have been properly washed/dried before the photos to avoid water spots in the photos. And the seats should have been cleaned to get rid of the funky fuzz/strands. ESPECIALLY the driver's seat.

Latest bid is $88K.

flattrack53

Established Member
Yeah. My #21 has no hood bubbles but I have a small crack where the latch is.

When I had car #114, it had about 8,000 bubbles, crack, etc. I had it repainted before I sold it. I saw it a year later at show for sale and it looked worse than when I had it repainted.

the fiberglass on these hood never cured. So you kinda get what you get. I’m sure this car will bring over a 100k

It amazes me when people think it’s okay to post pictures of a wet car and think it’s okay.

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
Bob, same here, my car #76 has the bubbles, I had it stripped down, sanded, re gel coated, sanded, and painted, and they came back worse than ever.

I ended up getting a reproduction hood from HO Fibertrends and it was a perfect replacement. Only those who know what to look for would know it’s not oem.

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
My car is 1 of the 5 sold in Canada. The US cars did not have warranties. The Canadian dealership honored the warranty and repainted the hood when the car was new due to the bubbles. 21 years later, the original hood still has no bubbles. When I was shopping for one of these cars a handful of years back, I was trying to find one with a bubble-free original hood. It wasn’t so easy at the time because not many were up for sale when I was looking.

Ford Funatic

Established Member
Premium Member
My car is 1 of the 5 sold in Canada. The US cars did not have warranties. The Canadian dealership honored the warranty and repainted the hood when the car was new due to the bubbles. 21 years later, the original hood still has no bubbles. When I was shopping for one of these cars a handful of years back, I was trying to find one with a bubble-free original hood. It wasn’t so easy at the time because not many were up for sale when I was looking.

You have a super nice car! Enjoy watching your content.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

US cars did have the paint/corrosion warranty.

roch

07 Shelby,03 SVT 10th
Established Member
Would anybody here have change there hoood and what Brand would fit the best without to manny modification.

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
Would anybody here have change there hoood and what Brand would fit the best without to manny modification.

I replaced mine with one from HO Fibertrends and unless you know what you’re looking for, you would never know it was a replacement

Users who are viewing this thread