2001 Cobra For Sale

Blown 89

Established Member
I'm having a kid in July and need to clear garage space so I'm officially putting my Cobra up for sale. Here are the specifics:

2001 Cobra.
187k miles
$8,500
Grey with Black interior and light grey suede inserts

Parts list:
Jacking rails
Maximum Motorsports coil overs
Brand new (never driven) Bilstein shocks and struts
Maximum Motorsports A-arms and bushings (only a few thousand miles on them)
Maximum Motorsports K-member with brace (brace isn't installed but I'll include it)
Maximum Motorsports steering shaft (not installed but included)
Maximum Motorsports caster/camber plates
Maximum Motorsports full length sub frame connectors (fully welded which cost a pretty penny to do)
Maximum Motorsports Bumpsteer kit
Torsion rear end
4.11 gears
03 Cobra half shafts
Brand new (never driven) rear wheel/hub bearings
Brand new remaned rear knuckles from Full Tilt Boogie Racing
Complete Full Tilt Boogie Racing bushing kit with grease fittings
Pro 5.0 shifter
Full length long tube headers
X-pipe
Bassani cat-back with baffles
Cold Air kit and meter
SCT chip and tuner
18" black chrome FR500's
Brand new (never driven) BFGoodrich KDW-2 tires.
Cross Drilled and slotted rotors.
FMS clutch and throwout bearing. Both are about a year old.
New battery with no miles.
Lit SVT coin holder delete

The stereo:
Eclipse CD7200 mkII - this is a very high end stereo. It requires an amp to run, I've taken both amps out of the car. The car is wired and ready to go with 0/1 gauge knukoncetz wiring, speaker wires, terminal blocks (with fuses mounted on the driver's side rear), and terminal posts along with inline fuses (seen in engine shots). The wiring is all set up for two amps on the backs of the rear seats. The entire rear of the car from the backs of the front seats back has been sound deadened as deadening and sealing the doors. All of the deadening is still in tact and not falling off in the doors like you'll see in hack job installs and I replaced all of the body clips when removing interior panels so to cut down on rattles.
Eclipse HD radio add-on
Eclipse Sirius Satellite add-on
Shaved antenna (antenna is mounted in the front headliner).
The door speakers have baffles that fit 6" speakers and had plenty of clearance for the Focals I had in there and the rear deck lid has mdf fit for 6" components back there as well. I do not have the original Mach 460 sound system as it had seen better days.
Custom fiberglass sub box, ported and ready for a sub. This box is perfectly molded to the back of the car and takes up very little trunk space.

The paint is in decent shape and still looks good. The car hasn't been in any major accidents but has had cosmetic damage on the right side of the car. The right side rear fender and door were repaired and repainted. There was no damage to the front right fender, hood, or front bumper but I had those resprayed to get rid of rock chips, fill in license plate holes, and shave the antenna. The rear spoiler's paint is shot and the clear coat is failing and there is a small spot on the hood where the clear started to fail as well as a dime sized chip of paint on the front bumper.

The interior is still in great shape with the exception of the driver's seat which has wear and tear. The driver's side door needs a new bushing but I haven't gotten around to fixing it.

Mechanically the car is solid. The entire rear end was gone through and rebuilt a year ago. All of the major work on the car has been done by Rob Wetzel at Fit Fabrication since the day I got the car. I've done the minor maintenance myself. I bought the car at 72K miles from a member here on SVT.

I'd like the car to go to someone that appreciates it and I want them to be happy with the car so I will answer any questions, both good and bad about the car. Just ask.

R2.jpg

R3.jpg

R1.jpg

Paint.jpg

Engine%20Bay%202.jpg

Engine%20Bay.jpg

IMG_20160417_184256.jpg

IMG_20160417_184554.jpg

IMG_20160505_215853.jpg

IMG_20160506_095228.jpg

Passenger%20Side%20Interior.jpg

Drivers%20side%20interior.jpg

Last edited:

Blown 89

Established Member
Thanks. I drove it the other day to test out the shocks and struts and it was a mistake as I love driving it. I'll be back in one some day but right now I have a family to look out for.

BLKFOX

Established Member
Beautiful car, I have a hard time even fathoming that it has that many miles on it. Great job on keeping it so nice. Congrats on the baby as well!

Blown 89

Established Member
For some reason I wasn't getting notifications so I apologize for not visiting the thread. The car is sold.

I took a local offer for a lot less than I was asking a few days after listing this. The buyer works at a race shop so it was nice knowing it's going to someone who will take care of and appreciate it.

Blown 89

Established Member
8.5k for 187k miles... chill
Considering the interest the car garnered locally and that it was sold a few days after putting it up I'd say there's nothing wrong with my asking price if that's what you're getting at.

I had multiple offers at full price and I went with a low bidder. It went to a good home and that's all I wanted.

joebra01

I just purchased an 01 with 178000 well cared for miles. Owned by 2 different over 65 guys. $6800.00 I looked prior at a 01 Bullitt with 43000 miles but none of them looked like easy miles. Miles are not always the determining factor.

JamesBlake

Established Member
Any videos of car? If we could get the price down to around $6800 I may be very interested. Beautiful Cobra! Especially for the miles!

Blown 89

Established Member
Sorry James, I sold it a few days after putting the ad up. Good luck with your search!

Users who are viewing this thread