2001 Cobra FS

Jaysin

Established Member
I emailed the dealer about the car 2 days ago. Cool seeing the owner on her. I asked if it was possible to finance it through the lot with me being in Georgia. I got a response that said "its possible" and haven't gone from there. I have money to put down on it, but not sure how to work anything out. Looks like a great car, kinda leary about the nitrous, but that stems from never owning a vehicle with spray. Very nice Cobra you have man.

NukeGuard

Established Member
I'll be completely honest with you on the spray man. It got juiced on the dyno to get the tune down and once on the street. That is it. Without it being at the track on slicks, I just never saw the point of spraying it anymore. When I did hose it on the street, the 4.30's just would not let it get traction (of course it's on street tires, DR's might help some). On the track I would say you're gonna have one helluva ride. The nitrous set up is very nice. The aluminum tank you see under the hood holds about 1 gallon of C-16 and has a built in pump. Once you have the system armed, tune set to N2O (Diablo flip chip), RPMs above 3500 (MSD Digital Window Switch), and you're at WOT, everything comes to life. The standalone fuel system starts pumping in your extra fuel instead of relying on the pump in the tank, and N2O flows. Pretty decent setup really.

The car is not show room perfect. It does have a small chip in the paint above the left exhaust tip (about the size of a pea). If you look closely at the pics on autotrader, you can see it faintly.

I would replace the wheels. They are 10 years old and starting to show their age.

I don't mean to down the car, but I wouldn't want anyone to show up looking for 100% perfection and be let down. It isn't trashed, but it isn't a sit on mirrors and win car shows quality car either. I, personally, would give the car an 8/10 on the exterior (because of that paint chip and the wheels) and 9/10 on the interior (just from normal wear). Of course everyone will have their own perception of what that really means.

It has lots of quality upgrades and no shortcuts. If you want a solid base to keep building on, this is the car. If you would like to talk to the tuner, I can get his number for you. His name is Scott and he owns/operates Intune Motorsports in Charleston.

If there's anything else you would like to know, just send me an email or you can pm me for my cell number.

Last edited:

Jaysin

Established Member
The nitrous set up sounds like it was well done, and the install looks very clean from looking at the engine bay pics. I'm not looking for a show room quality car, so the normal wear and tear isn't a factor for me. Do you have any HP/TQ numbers? Also, what are the deal with the cams? Are they for an n/a application, or did you put them in with boost in mind sometime down the road?

Users who are viewing this thread