2001 cobra tranny and rear end . how much can it hold !?

Daron

Mean01
Established Member
hey guys, quick question. I'm going to get my car tuned this coming weekend, I hope.

just curious to what number you guys have made with your 2001 cobras under boost. im turbo'd . :)

so ya. max I should go with my stock IRS, stock tranny, and a stage 3 clutch masters .
:read:
thanks guys !

Richter888

Established Member
My tranny and factory clutch is holding up well to 430whp and 400tq. I'm betting our transmissions will hold 500tq but anymore is risky. I've already broken a axle, but I still have bad wheel hop. Wheel hop kills our rear ends more than power. My two worthless cents.

snakeraper11b

Established Member
I blew up my tr3650 10 days after I bought my 01 this past November. It had only 50,xxx on it, intake, exhaust, and 275/40 17 no name tires. It all depends on how you drive it I guess. High rpm shifts kill trannys. Realistically though, everything depends on the individual set up. Like Richter said, keep it out of the hop and youll be having fun longer. With that being said, with enough horsepower and torque, even if you dont hop, youll start to twist things apart. I say youll break a half shaft before anything with your current set up.

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
There is no set time limit. Every vehicle will be different. There are guys who have been running 10 second passes on the stock trans and IRS for years and guys with stock motor 15k mile cars who are breaking the trans and IRS. It just all depends.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I'm pretty sure I was over 500 with the stock 3650. I never had that set up dynoed. The only mods to my IRS are the Billetflow brace and pinion brace. I was in the high 500's and snapped a half shaft getting on the freeway. That was back when I had drag radials. But I don't do 4k clutch dumps either.

Daron

Mean01
Established Member
Thanks guys for the replies. I do appreciate it. So its basically how you drive and LUCK. Sounds like. Sucks !

Do you guys know about COIL PACKS and what they max out at ? I think I have.everything covered to make 700hp . Wasnt sure about the rear end, and also this. The coil packs. Any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks svt guys !!

snakeraper11b

Established Member
Thanks guys for the replies. I do appreciate it. So its basically how you drive and LUCK. Sounds like. Sucks !

Do you guys know about COIL PACKS and what they max out at ? I think I have.everything covered to make 700hp . Wasnt sure about the rear end, and also this. The coil packs. Any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks svt guys !!

Depending on boost levels, if you start to experience spark blow out during tuning, you will probably need to think about a boost-a-spark. Definitely stick with the oem coil packs though, all others are crap.

Daron

Mean01
Established Member
There is no set time limit. Every vehicle will be different. There are guys who have been running 10 second passes on the stock trans and IRS for years and guys with stock motor 15k mile cars who are breaking the trans and IRS. It just all depends.

Hey my man. Your yellow terminator is soooooo AWESOME !! Can you give me details on the rim and tire combo. Love to buy these.

Users who are viewing this thread