• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

2001 Explorer SPORT 2-Door Version Master Switch Panel

Discussion in 'Autonation Ford of White Bear Lake - Formerly Tous' started by 4rd Toys, Feb 12, 2018.

1. 4rd Toys

4rd Toys Polishing my SVTs.... Established Member

2. 4rd Toys

Guess I forgot to ask,

What about just the drivers side master window switch:
    It's just two window switches [Driver & Passenger] only

Looking at a different listing with the same assembly I need. It's the electronic assembly with the blue connector [wires cut] & fourth pic on the right in the below listing.
    What is the part# & price.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2001-2003-...ash=item283d07e284:g:yqwAAOSwE8NZk~d5&vxp=mtr

3. FORDSVTPARTS

FORDSVTPARTS Authorized Vendor Authorized Vendor

I'm able to get the master switch for $54.11. Part number 1L2Z-14529-AA. I'm no longer able to get any of the bezels from Ford :(

4. 4rd Toys

Same truck & figured I post here-
    4WD 4.0L SOHC V6 engine [stock]

I have, in my possession, the upper & lower radiator hoses plus the "stubby" hose that connects the bottom portion of the thermostat housing to the water pump.

But I am planning on replacing all the heater core/engine-bypass hoses that go from the firewall around the passenger side block & around to the water pump. It's kinda crazy how one section is custom shape rubber tubing then goes to solid steel/aluminum tubing then back to rubber then to solid tube and finally back to rubber.

I can't locate a parts diagram & here's the custom motorcraft rubber tubing part#s that I have in my possession so far:

KH-169/F77Z-18472-AAA
    KH-64/1L2Z-18472-DB
    KH-44/ part# unknown
    KH-74/1L2Z-18472-RB
    KH-239/F77Z-18472-CC
    KH-634/F5TZ-18472-B

...............................................................................................................................

Are these all the correct hoses for my replacement project or am I missing one?

5. FORDSVTPARTS

Could I get the VIN on this one? There was a build date change for some of these hoses. I just need the last (8) numbers/letters.

6. 4rd Toys

1UA99232

7. FORDSVTPARTS

Thanks for the info. Here's what I have listed for your VIN-

KH582 YL2Z*18472*AA
    KH580 YL2Z*18472*CA
    KH578 F77Z*18472*AB
    KH239 F77Z*18472*CC
    KH579 F77Z*18472*EA

Ford changed many of these for the Sport models vs a "regular" models. One of these was even specific for the particular engine in your truck.

8. 4rd Toys

Now, it seems I need to add the plastic thermostat housing too.... It's leaking between the two sections.
    Same truck but guessing its best to replace both the upper housing/cap and the whole lower thermostat section too.... plus new sensors & gaskets, guessing it's all individual parts versus a complete kit.

Oh, are there options to go with a lower OE temperature [90C to 80C] in OEM/Motorcraft specs

Thank you....

Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
  9. FORDSVTPARTS

I think I talked to you on the phone yesterday. Thanks for the order! The housing should be to you tomorrow.

10. 4rd Toys

So I'm having a weird electrical situation where the 2WD/4WD-Hi/4WD-Lo selector-switch is not working and the dash lights are not changing as I move the selector-switch [from 2WD to any 4WD & back].
    Plus the rear wiper switch next to it won't operate but will spray washer-fluid when pressed in.
    Also the lights on the oem radio light up but radio won't turn on....

So I torn into the dash to locate modules & a relay assembly....
    Got part/item numbers off of each & wanted to see if any are still available plus price-check:

Larger module that's mounted on the left side of the radio in the dash sort close to gauge cluster- FORD sticker# YL2T-14B205-BB or 01BB51310860

Smaller module that's mounted on the right side of the radio close to the passenger airbag assembly- Generic FORD molded# YL24-10d840-AB

Opposite side of smaller module is a large relay assembly right next to the passenger airbag assembly- Generic Ford stenciled# 0165A4 or molded # F0AB-14B193-AB

Thank you again!

11. 4rd Toys

[Same Vehicle]

Also price check & part # for the driver's side rear caliper assembly [new or rebuilt]

12. FORDSVTPARTS

That sounds like that could be the GEM module. That would be the first number, which unfortunately is discontinued. The part number is YL2Z-14B205-BA. Bob allen Ford in KS shows to maybe have old stock, but are usually on the pricey side.

The second number is for a warning buzzer/chime, and the third number is a rather common relay. You should be able to find another relay with this number somewhere in the fuse box. Maybe swap it out, and hopefully might fix the issue? We have the relays available for $46.54. The aftermarket should have these available as well.

Rebuilt calipers are now offered from Ford. $37.38 or $55.43, depending on if your old one has steel or phenolic pistons. $50 core on each one as well.

Thanks
    Mike R

13. 4rd Toys

That's why I posted the last VIN digits in post #6 [As requested to have the correct parts]

1UA99232

Last year, I had to buy both sets of rear pads [Steel & Phenolic] w/ new rear rotors. If it matters the inner rear brake pads had metal clips so the inner pads can press into the rear caliper piston & won't "pop" out. So I know because of the metal clips or tabs on the inner pads, is how I could tell which rear caliper version I have. Right?

Part numbers for both style calipers then, so I can "guess" which one....

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
  14. 4rd Toys

So the GEM module part number is the one I posted then: YL2Z-14B205-BA , right?

15. 4rd Toys

Dumb question:

I have found the same GEM Module but the letters are off by couple, wonder if this might work for my truck. Also the sticker on mine say 4x2, shouldn't it say "4x4"?
    For example-

XL2Z-14B205-BB
    XL2T-14B205-CD
    XL2T-14B205-CC
    XL2T-14B205-CB

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
  16. FORDSVTPARTS

Yes, correct. the engineering number is slightly different on the part itself.

I'm not sure if any of those will work. Typically those numbers were used on the 4 door models. Not sure about the whole 4X4 and 4X2 labeling.

17. 4rd Toys

After doing some research:

For the Driver's Side REAR Caliper based on my VIN it appears to be F57Z2553AD or F57Z-2553-AD

f57z2553ad

18. FORDSVTPARTS

Correct. Unfortunately that one has been discontinued. The old part number also does not tell us if steel or phenolic pistons were used. Motorcraft remans are the only ones available.

GM2Z-2V553-ARM or H2MZ-2V553-ARM.