2002 Camaro with Acura RSX Type-S Seats

Formula51

Established Member
I know it's a Camaro, but I spend more time here then I do on the Camaro forums so I thought I would share.

I finally finished my seat install! I custom fabricated brackets and modified a set of 2006 Acura RSX Type-S seats to fit in my Camaro. I chose them because they are perforated leather, have GREAT bolstering, comfortable, look good in the car, safe since they are an OEM seat, and are fully manually adjustable (including driver side lumbar). They didn't even add much weight over the flimsy stock Camaro seats.

Let me know what you guys think. You can see a lot of detailed pictures here:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2281318/2002-chevrolet-camaro/page-2

22813184019_large.jpg

22813184020_large.jpg

This last one is with my rear seat delete re-installed (kind of hard to see due to the shade).

22813184021_large.jpg

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
Yours almost makes me change my mind about F-body interiors. The little details look great (i.e. shifter boot + knob, leather covered armrest). Great job with the seats too.

Formula51

Established Member
hmm not bad. How much was the cost difference between those and say a set of corbeau's?

I couldn't really find a set of Corbeau's I liked for my car, but I only paid around $550 with shipping for these seats. I like that they have that sort of stock/factory look, even if they are from a Honda.;-)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I didn't think I was going to like Acura seats in a Camaro, but they really look nice. Better than the factory Camaro seats. I like what you've done with the interior overall. Nice job!

Formula51

Established Member
wait you have a hard top.. with manual windows?!

Heck yeah! This is a late 90s/early 2000s GM vehicle remember. I have no t-tops to leak and no window motors to fail!

I also have no power door locks, no cruise control, and no traction control. The car weighed less than 3400 pounds with 3/4 tank of gas, spare tire, and Jack (since removed).

Thanks for the kind words guys. Its nice when my hard work is appreciated.

BLOWN9646

E85 COBRA
Established Member
Real nice improvements, great job! A suede/leather wrapped wheel would compliment very nicely. Would a c6 steering wheel fit by chance?

RedFord96

Established Member
Man, that looks awesome, good job! I didn't realize how terrible the stock Camaro seats looked until I saw the pictures of them side by side :eek:

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
I didn't think I was going to like Acura seats in a Camaro, but they really look nice. Better than the factory Camaro seats. I like what you've done with the interior overall. Nice job!

Exactly :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread