2003 cobra front chin spoiler?

MR.SCOOPINATOR

Established Member
Where can we find the chin spoilers for our cobras with out having to pay the crazy price they want for these things? Please advise. thanks

Sitnlopro99gt

Established Member
What is the crazy price they are now? I think I have seen them available on the American Muscle site but not sure if they are true oem.

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
They're between $400-$500 if you want OEM and new no matter where you look (AM, EBay, etc.)

Some folks have switched over to the Mach 1 front chin and others have removed their original, sanded it down and resprayed them.

2Rare

Against All Odds
Established Member
I can't for the life of me figure out why people put the Mach 1 chin on a Cobra. It looks so out of place as it does not flow well with the 03/04 Cobra bumper. My chin spoiler has seen its day, but I decided to stick with it once I saw how much they've gone up over the years. Yikes!

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
How damaged is yours? Mine was scrapped up pretty good. I sanded it down with an agressive grit and sprayed it with VHT wrinkle black spray paint, and it looks brand new.

zredfire04

Established Member
i recently found out that some guys are using garage door gasket material from home depot. on some cars, it looks damn good. others not so much. i think it would go over pretty well on our cars and may try it since mine doesn't have a chin spoiler at all and i'm not interested in paying $400+ for a couple pounds of plastic that will just get messed up.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I bought a spare from Autonation Ford awhile ago. I'll admit it's expensive for plastic, but I'm glad I have a spare.

I do find it comical how cheap some terminator owners are. Especially throwing a mach chin spoiler which look hideous on our cars. Some will spend crazy money on mods or stuff that add some bling.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
How damaged is yours? Mine was scrapped up pretty good. I sanded it down with an agressive grit and sprayed it with VHT wrinkle black spray paint, and it looks brand new.
Nate, I was just wondering if sanding and painting would make it look like new. Nice to hear that you've done it. You have a hunk of money! :)

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
Nate, I was just wondering if sanding and painting would make it look like new. Nice to hear that you've done it. You have a hunk of money! :)
It turned out better than expected. Not the best pictures but here are some
37666eed62261f87bea417c8d66eb100.jpg
e447342ee392e579e57d4d6cfad8bbb0.jpg
33f33b69fb6f6bb63961e9d00d7fdf97.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Zemedici

Established Member
I bought a spare from Autonation Ford awhile ago. I'll admit it's expensive for plastic, but I'm glad I have a spare.

I do find it comical how cheap some terminator owners are. Especially throwing a mach chin spoiler which look hideous on our cars. Some will spend crazy money on mods or stuff that add some bling.

This....they're the top of the line model from 99-04, but guys do some cheeeeeeeap shit to them.

Oh well. Makes nice cars like yours and mine Brady worth that much more. :D

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
I did mine a few years ago.....left it on the car when I saw those rivets. Got the front of the car on jackstands, got out paper and painters tape and taped off everything very good, sanded the spoiler with a couple different grades, bought some dupont black trim paint and sprayed it into a small bucket away from the car, then got a 1" brush and went to town. Came out awesome.

Zemedici

Established Member
I did mine a few years ago.....left it on the car when I saw those rivets. Got the front of the car on jackstands, got out paper and painters tape and taped off everything very good, sanded the spoiler with a couple different grades, bought some dupont black trim paint and sprayed it into a small bucket away from the car, then got a 1" brush and went to town. Came out awesome.

pics buddy?

2Rare

Against All Odds
Established Member

Were you referring to me? Mine was beat up with scratches from the PO and the car sits really low. Going to put the iso's in as my driveway is at a slight incline.

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
Was talking to the OP. But either way, I would consider refinishing it. It's cheap and looks great IMO.

Just a little sanding and some vht wrinkle black.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

03cobraracer

Established Member
I just looked on LMR yesterday and they want $535 for one!! Screw that. I'll refinish mine when the time comes.

Users who are viewing this thread