2003 Cobra ~ Oxford White Coupe (TN)

MikeW

Established Member
Time to sell one of my '03's. I am located in Nashville, TN and would like a local sale if possible. I have moved and do not have garage space for this 03 anymore an it needs a home with a garage.

I bought from SVTP member lloyyd http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/member.php?u=42926

Questions? Please email me at [email protected] as I may be slow to reply to PM here.

It has just a tick under 27,000 miles and is a pretty clean 2003.

Price: $25,000 o.b.o.

Mods:

2.3 Whipple (with Supporting mods)
60lb injectors
Accufab T/B
SCT ba 2400 MAf
Bap wiring upgrade
2.75 upper pulley (19-20lbs) (have 3.00 pulley too)
Metco Idler Pulleys
XcalII with custom dyno tune

Fuel Mods:
Kenny Bell Boost-a-Pump with larger fuel line to the rails
PPRV Valve delete and larger lines on the fuel pump.

Built T-56 Transmission Stage 4+ Lloyyd had this done and should be a very strong trans
Spec Stage 3+ clutch
New Spec steel Flywheel
26 spline input shaft
stainless throwout bearing retainer sleeve
MGW shifter

Suspension/Rearend:
Built and installed by local chassis/dragcar guy in Mt. Juliet (Gene Steel)
Soild Axle Build for '03 Cobra Coupe - SVTOA Nashville Forums

H&R Super Sport springs front and Rear
Full Length Subframe Connectors
Soild Rear strightened/trued tubes and welded
Strange 10-way adjustable shocks
Team Z Lower Adjustable Control Arm's
UPR Extreme Duty Double Adjustable Uppers
UPR Spherical Diff Bushings
Ford Racing Diff Conver
31-spline Moser Axles 3 inch studs
New GT Rotors
New Cobra Pinion Flange
Detroit/Eaton Truetrac 31 spline Diff
Richmod 3.73 "lightweight" gears w Richmond carrier pin
Wildrides Battle Box combo kit http://wildridesracecars.com/store/p...roductid=16213

Included is the Stock 03 IRS

Interior:
Corbeau Racing seats
Rear seat delete
2 Aeroforce Dual Interceptor scan gauges
404 Not Found 1

Also have stock front & Rear Seats

1 Innovate wideband guage
1 Autometer Lunar Series Boost/Vac gauge
1 Autometer Lunnar Fuel Pressure gauge

Misc:
off road xpipe (have catted x too if you want it)
Borla Stinger Catback
10.5 Chrome 03 Cobra style rear wheels Chrome 03 Cobra front
Hoosier Drag Radials Rear
Fluidyne Heat Exchanger
Letahal Performance I/C Tank
Aftermarket Raditor (I think)
SCT Xcal 2 Tuner (current tune is for 19lbs, 23* timing and 98+-100 octane race gas)

The only time that I had it on he track was with the new SRA and it went 11.0 at like 134-135.
on race gas it is 630ish rwhp.

Pics as it sits now:

1 by rmw1971, on Flickr

6 by rmw1971, on Flickr

5 by rmw1971, on Flickr

3 by rmw1971, on Flickr

2 by rmw1971, on Flickr

4 by rmw1971, on Flickr

Picture with optional True Forged wheels:

g14classified2 by rmw1971, on Flickr

MikeW

Established Member
Sorry no trades, THANKS though.. I have too many vehicles as it is (not enough garage space)

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Great looking car you have. I have a few questions for you. I will post them here in case other potential buyers are wondering the same thing:

What is the price with the optional TF wheels?
Are you able to drive the Hoosiers on the street? If so how long will they last?
Do you have any videos of the car running (either idle or WOT clips)?
How many track passes would you say the car has?
Would you be willing do have a compression test and a leak down test performed on the car?

Sorry for all the questions, im in the market and in Maryland. I want to be sure everything is in good working order before I consider buying a vehicle few states away. Thanks

-Leonard

04SolidSnake

Canadian Snake
Established Member
Great looking car you have. I have a few questions for you. I will post them here in case other potential buyers are wondering the same thing:

Are you able to drive the Hoosiers on the street? If so how long will they last?
Would you be willing do have a compression test and a leak down test performed on the car?

Sorry for all the questions, im in the market and in Maryland. I want to be sure everything is in good working order before I consider buying a vehicle few states away. Thanks

-Leonard
x2 on these items.

MikeW

Established Member
If you want the TF with low-milage Falkens and the 03 Chrome with Hoosiers the price would be $26,500. The TF's are on my vert right now but I can remove them if necessary.

Yes, I can and do drive on the street with the Hoosiers, not sure of their life expectancy though (maybe 2,000 miles). These were used for mostly two and from track trips.

I can make vids and will post them ASAP.

For me about less than 10. seems like lloyyd ran it 10-15 too but I would have to ask him to verify. I will ask him to post here.

I have not done and do not plan to do any testing... no ticks, odd noises, or smoke on start up.

addressing other questions received in email:

In addition, due to my busy work schedule I would not be able to meet anyone out of state or deliver the vehicle.

The tune is a dyno tune by Ed @ RWTD It is a race gas 100-octane tune. Has always had a "safe tune" 11.5 a/f ratio on the wideband.

No other mods or track visits since the rear end was done in 2008.

If there is someone local that can come see and drive the car that would work out best. They would be able to start, drive, and see the vehicle in person. I understand that that is not always possible though.

local svtoa site has a few folks that know me and the car...

2003 Cobra ~ Oxford Wite Coupe - SVTOA Nashville Forums

With all in consideration... to sell before it has to sit outside this winter I would reduce my price to $20,000 or just keep it.

At that price it would only include the chrome 03 wheels/Hoosiers, the stock seats and the stock IRS would go with because I don't need them in the garage taking up space. (and a catted x-pipe if needed)

At $20,000 someone can see it run, drive it, and have money for a dyno re-tune if they wish.

Bens-Vr4

Established Member
I could be interested at 20k- however, would you be returning car to stock? Or would you be just insisting that stock parts go with it to get it out of your way?

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Thanks for responding Mike. You mentioned the car has a 100 octane tune loaded. Do you have a 93 tune for the car? I am going to send you another email, very interested in your car.

-Leonard

MikeW

Established Member
Thanks for responding Mike. You mentioned the car has a 100 octane tune loaded. Do you have a 93 tune for the car? I am going to send you another email, very interested in your car.

-Leonard

I emailed you back Leonard... good luck with the storm buddy!

I talked to Ed that dyno tuned the car (ED @ RWTD) at lunchtime today and he has a tune for less boost and less timing on file that he is going to email me so the car will run on 93 octane. I ahve the 3.00 pulley and the right belt int eh trunk (I think lol).

looks really clean and those rims look amazing...GLWS

Thanks!

I could be interested at 20k- however, would you be returning car to stock? Or would you be just insisting that stock parts go with it to get it out of your way?

As is with the stock IRS and seats to get them all out of my way LOL :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread