2003 Cobra-Ported Eaton Dyno

wastntime

Established Member
Went to the dyno day at JPC Performance today. My car is a 2003 cobra with following mods:

Stiegemeier stage 6 port with a 2.76 BF upper
accufab SBTB and plenum,
JLT RAM,
MAFia,
Lund Tune,
Metco Idlers,
Catted X pipe and Borla Stingers.

Car put down 568.5 hp on a Dyno Dynamics Dynanometer. I'm using this number as a base line number only and will continue to use them for dyno tuning. The stock injectors were maxed out around 5200rpm. I'm going to upgrade the fuel mods and will have JPC do the tune. See the attached dyno sheet. It was a cool 50 degrees when my car was strapped down.

[img=http://imageshack.us/a/img577/2052/img92381.th.jpg]

For reference a 2003 stock cobra went right before I did and put down 401hp.

I have identical mods to you OP, with the exception of a ported Accufab plenum. Mine is 515rwhp and 487 rwtq SAE.

ctgreddy

Established Member
a little high but who cares, just dont take the car else for numbers to compare with those, keep going for that dyno to see how much mods get you.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Those numbers are generous, JPC got 811 from a Pro-Charger with 7lbs on a Coyote, still shaking my head on that one, Either way sounds like a Stout ride OP congrats!

wastntime

Established Member
Thanks Brutal. The car that won was an 03 Cobra with a built 5.4 and a 4.0 whipple built by JPC. It put down 939hp.

SneakyPete

Banned
a LIL generous? a LOT generous. Numbers don't matter though and anyone who's had a car dyno'd should know that. It's the way the car runs off the rollers that matters. A dyno is just a gauge to go off of. I've had cars make amazing power on the dyno and then run like ass on the street. Hopefully your car is not the latter OP. I bet it pulls hard up top with that stieg port! congrats.

03cobrarocks

Established Member
a LIL generous? a LOT generous. Numbers don't matter though and anyone who's had a car dyno'd should know that. It's the way the car runs off the rollers that matters. A dyno is just a gauge to go off of. I've had cars make amazing power on the dyno and then run like ass on the street. Hopefully your car is not the latter OP. I bet it pulls hard up top with that stieg port! congrats.

Well said...

I am sure your car runs strong tho op.. I didnt know stiegy had a stage 6 port dang thats intense

wastntime

Established Member
Thanks Guys. I need to get my McLeod clutch installed before I take it to the track and get some real times. It will be spring by the time that happens.

Det.Bullitt

Banned
I had a stage 6 steiggy port and made 540 rwhp. I got rid of it because I felt the motor was going to blow with all the heat produced and the supercharger was being spun so dang hard. It ran like a mad cat and sounded mean. Now with my 2.8h the car is a lot more quiet but pulls harder at the top end. The stage 6 steiggy is a great port but Bob at Steiggy is a total a-hole that talked me into a rebuild after Jon Bond did a rebuild and he made me do another rebuild right after John Bond did one because Bob said Jon Bond used cheap parts. Too Bad Posi is not doing ports anymore. One guy told me that steiggy bought a race port and opened it up and copied it with the stage 6 port. Glad you are happy with the stage 6 though.

Users who are viewing this thread