• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

2003 Cobra Undercarriage Paint

Discussion in 'Interior and Exterior Body & Chassis' started by pauldemop, Jul 20, 2019.

1. pauldemop

pauldemop Member Established Member

I'm welding in frame connectors and need to do some touch up to the undercarriage. What is the paint code or where can I get a rattle can of paint to match the stock color?

2. RainyP71

RainyP71 Member Established Member

deleted

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
  3. badjuicedgt

badjuicedgt Member Established Member

it should be the same paint code as the rest of the car and the paint code is on the door tag the white tag just below or just above the door hinge and will have the bar code for the car along with the vin and weight of the car and the paint code is on there should say ext code or ext color.

4. Corbic

Corbic Well-Known Member Premium Member Established Member

Underbody is a Grey that's just ecoat and primer.

Blkkbgt likes this.
  5. black 10th vert

black 10th vert Active Member Established Member

When I welded in my Hans Racecraft connectors, I opted to just prime the welds, then scuffed the rest and shot it all in gloss black. My car is black, so it just made sense. I have fully polished exhaust, driveshaft, and IRS parts, so it made everything really pop against the black background. The subframe connectors were already black powder coated so they blended in much better as well. I thought about keeping the original primer Look for collector value, but once you weld in subframes, that’s not as much an issue anymore, so I opted for not only better aesthetics, but also better corrosion protection for the long term (even though I’ve never driven it in the rain).