2003 Cobra - Wideband Question

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
Currently, my wideband is on the passenger side where my rear O2 would be. Where do you all have your widebands on when tuning/datalogging on these cars?

I have a Dynocom A/FM2 wideband and tuning with Binary Editor. I've been told each bank can read pretty significantly different under WOT. I'm wondering if I should tune off the driver's side knowing it's probably leaner than the passenger side (stock rails). Thoughts?

robvas

Established Member
1. Most do driver side

2. A lot of tuners will do one of the tailpipes and you have an H/X in there

3. You can tune one bank differently than the other on the stock ECU can you?

Wouldn't hurt to do two runs and log both sides just so you know what the difference is between the two.

2003RedfireVert

Established Member
1. Most do driver side

2. A lot of tuners will do one of the tailpipes and you have an H/X in there

3. You can tune one bank differently than the other on the stock ECU can you?

Wouldn't hurt to do two runs and log both sides just so you know what the difference is between the two.
I do not believe I can tune both sides differently. I'll plan on moving it to the drivers side. recalibrating and seeing how it reads compared to the passenger side. I had a feeling most did the driver's side. I'm not sure why I chose passenger side.

decipha

Established Member
You can tune each bank differently with the stock ecu but it requires tunerpro using my kam patch.

You simply set the min kam to the %error for the leaner bank to correct any fueling variances from bank to bank at WOT. Typically its easier to do with two widebands but you can swap from one bank to the other after you get one side dialed in to dial in the other.

Again though you'd need TunerPro which is free. Also the datalogging and histograms in tunerpro are second to none. The wideband error automatically populates the fuel error in the histogram so you can simply apply the correction tunerpro gives you to get your fuel dialed in.

FBGI0 download files

your welcome

2003RedfireVert

Established Member
You can tune each bank differently with the stock ecu but it requires tunerpro using my kam patch.

You simply set the min kam to the %error for the leaner bank to correct any fueling variances from bank to bank at WOT. Typically its easier to do with two widebands but you can swap from one bank to the other after you get one side dialed in to dial in the other.

Again though you'd need TunerPro which is free. Also the datalogging and histograms in tunerpro are second to none. The wideband error automatically populates the fuel error in the histogram so you can simply apply the correction tunerpro gives you to get your fuel dialed in.

FBGI0 download files

your welcome
I will look into this. Thank you!

decipha

Established Member
Also to answer your ? about the wideband being on IT HAS TO BE anytime the engine is running. Otherwise it will damage the sensor to be in the exhaust and not powered on while the engine is running.

2003RedfireVert

Established Member
Also to answer your ? about the wideband being on IT HAS TO BE anytime the engine is running. Otherwise it will damage the sensor to be in the exhaust and not powered on while the engine is running.
Yep, mine is powered on by a relay. It’s only in when the engine is running. This DynoCom does seem to need to be calibrated often. I’ll need to recalibrate again but yes it’s on when the engine is running.

Users who are viewing this thread