VIN: 1FAFP48Y03F421666
Mods:
2.8 upper pulley (UPR)
Pulley idler ( UPR)
SLP loud mouth 2 polished cat-back
K&N drop in air filter
Billetflow IRS brace
MGW orange handle shifter
Cut stock springs ½ (lowered car about ¾ of an inch)

About the car:
I am the second owner of the car and purchased it with 78,XXX miles on it. I use it as my daily driver where I drive 25 minutes to work each way on a 55mph road. It has been garage kept it’s entire life. When I purchased it, it was COMPLETELY stock. Previous owner replaced the Alternator at approximately 70,000 miles. Also, the car has the infamous cobra clunk, the previous owner said that it had been doing it since it was practically new and the Ford dealer told him it was normal driveline slack. He said he just learned to drive around it (I have done the same) as it does not affect anything else with the car. When I got the car the stock headlights were pretty faded so I tried polishing them, and it helped, but not to my liking so I purchased and installed smoked headlights (they are from American Muscle). I drove it stock for approximately 5,000 miles before adding an SLP loud mouth 2 cat-back exhaust (which I polished) and a billetflow IRS brace. After about another 1,000 miles or so I added a K&N filter, 2.8 pulley, pulley idler, iridium plugs, new supercharger drive belt, intercooler pump, and a tune. The tune on the car is a sniper tune done by delta force tuning in Sanford, FL. The car put down 463ph/ 483tq. This was the extent of the mods on the car for the time I have owned it. After the pulley and tune, I took the car to the ¼ mile track one time and made 3 passes with a best of 12.3 @117 on street tires. Just recently within last 100 miles. I replaced the throw-out bearing due to it starting to squeak. So while I had the transmission out I also added an MGW orange handle short throw shifter (it’s amazing the difference this makes, and now I am disappointed I didn’t make this my first mod). I have always used royal purple 5w20 motor oil and filters for all oil changes. Only problem I am having with the car, is the ABS light comes on intermittently. I have not been able to get it diagnosed yet because the light is very intermittent and isn’t showing any codes.

Exterior:
The outside of the car is actually really nice for a car with 90k miles on it. I always get compliments on how clean the car looks, and expressions of amazement when I tell them how many miles are on the car. The bumper and hood are rock chip free. The passenger side mirror has a scratch on it from where the previous owner parked the car too close to the garage wall and it scraped the mirror and a small spot on the door handle. There are also a couple nicks on the back bumper, from the previous owner, right by the trunk lid, I guess from putting stuff in the trunk, but they are not really noticeable. The clear coat still shines great with no blemishes in it. The 3rd brake light is cracked (but then again I haven’t seen a terminator that didn’t have a cracked 3rd brake light).

Wheels:
Rims are the stock chrome 17x9 wheels. They have no curb rash and the chrome is in excellent shape with no pitting or scarring. All tires are the stock size of 275/40/17. Rear tires are Nitto 555’s and have about 2,000 miles on them so they are practically new. Front tires are the tires plus house brand (Fulda, I believe) and have about 50% life remaining.

Interior:
The inside of the car is extremely clean as well. The car has never been eaten in. I don’t think the rear seats have ever even been sat in as the previous owner was a single guy with no kids, and I have not had anyone in the back seat since I have owned it. They seriously look brand new. The passenger seat is almost the same as it shows no wear, but I know people have sat in that seat even though for the most part I am the only one in the car driving to and from work. There are 2 blemishes in the interior, first the driver’s side seat bolster shows signs of wear, but does not have any holes, just a wear mark from getting in and out and rubbing against it. And second, the carpet on the driver’s side floor has a quarter size hole right were the original owner would rest his foot while driving. I did not bother fixing this because when you are sitting in the car you cannot see it and the passenger cannot see it. The only time you really see it is when you are cleaning the carpet. A/C blows cold, heat blows hot both operate without issue. All the interior controls work properly, radio and 6-disc CD changer operate properly.

If your interested in the car you can contact me by PM, Phone, or e-mail
Phone: 321-795-5669
e-mail: [email protected]

DSC_0840.jpg

DSC_0843.jpg

DSC_0833.jpg

DSC_0839.jpg

DSC_0822.jpg

DSC_0841.jpg

UFGatorGuy20

UFGatorGuy20
Established Member
Guys, I see this cobra EVERY DAY at work. It's exterior condition seriously made me jealous while I had my sonic blue cobra. I don't think you will find another cobra with similar miles in such exceptional condition. The previous owner didn't do a thing to it. The current owner is a really nice guy. He has definitely taken care of it while he has had it and is very mechanically knowledgeable. It sounds great and pulls hard. I've never ridden in it, but it would always make me turn my head when he would pull up the street approaching our work building. If you want a 20k mile looking cobra for the price of a 90k mile looking cobra, then this is it!

BigBlock09

Established Member
Man, that was a quick sell! I've never seen a 90k cobra look like yours in those pics man...Share some detailing secrets!!! Lol! Glad you sold her.

machstang23

Established Member
yeah, it really is immaculate... people always gave me that "your kidding right?" look when I told them how many miles it had... I think that is why it had no trouble selling quickly.

as far as detailing secrets, there really aren't any, it's more driving style and an anal attention to detail. don't follow closely so you don't get rock chips, and if you get home and see bugs on the front of the car immediately clean them off. other than that I washed the car about once a week, and waxed it once a month.

Snot Rocket

sorry to dig up a dinosaur post but I've recently acquired this car and would like to dig up some background info on it. just curious if you had any info to share because it's obviously nothing like it was back then.

Users who are viewing this thread