• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

2003, Dime-a Dozen?

Discussion in 'Terminator Archive' started by Tweaker, Jul 28, 2003.

1. Tweaker

Tweaker New Member Established Member

Just over at my local Ford dealer. Dealer has (8) '03 Cobras on the lot. Offered to sell any at INVOICE. Does me no good since I have Z-plan (below invoice). Store manager says area dealers ordered too many and Cobras are not moving. Same for Machs.

1. I can also order an '04 on the plan so why would I want an '03?

2. The '04 is the last run for the current platform at Dearborn so would this have some collectability?

3. Why not wait for the '05/'06 with the new technology?

Comments please...

2. SVT4ME

SVT4ME Active Member Established Member

I see it all the time in Vegas. Got my 10 months ago and now they want to work with you. Thats the way it is. Getting it when the getting is good is whats best for you. When the 04 come out they will be droping the price on 03. Work it to get the best deal. Which style do you like best. Waiting to get an 03 after 04 come out doesnt make sense. Wait till 05/06 may be a long wait. These are the questions you need to ask yourself. I know it didnt help you much but what is it you want?

3. 03SoCalCobra

03SoCalCobra HIGH PSI 03 Established Member

Huntington Beach, CA (h), Culver City (w)
    All those waiting for the 05/06 cars will without a doubt get a superior car. Whether Ford offers a Cobra or not is in question last I heard (maybe by 06/07?). Plus it'll have mostly-new technology and that means another length of time before 1) the aftermarket catchs up and 2) people figure out what works and what doesn't and 3) people figure out what the limits and bugs are. 06? 07? 08?

It's all about timing- the reason I got the 03 was because by the time the new cars have a few years (and fixes/improvements) under their belt and the Cobra is out and the aftermarket catches up, I'll be just about ready for a new car :coolman:

4. Tweaker

Tweaker New Member Established Member

Thanks guys for the replies, it helps to clarify matters.

5. bassin247

bassin247 hates reposts Established Member

supply and demand. when they first came out there was more people wanting them then there was available so they could *try* to charge you what they want. Now that the market is flooded, they have to give them away because most of the people that want one have one. The fact that the 04s are coming out soon reduces the demand rate even more. If you are in the market for an 03, you are in good shape.

6. SVT4ME

SVT4ME Active Member Established Member

Maybe getting a 03 cheap isnt such a bad thing

7. BAD03SVT

BAD03SVT New Member Established Member

:thumbsup: exactly

8. Lethalchem

Lethalchem Sigmund Frod Established Member

My plan, exactly. Has been from day one:beer: .