2003 Dodge Neon SRT-4 | Retro-Review

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I remember the Skittles vs. the SVT Focus threads back in the day. A HUGE rivalry. A few Skittles vs. Terminator battles, too. LOL.

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
Nobody wanted to get beat by these things back in the day but a few well chosen mods made them SN95 killers on the highway.
The factory support with multiple stages including a high octane mode was also nice.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I've had some good races against SRT4s, I still like those cars lol.
My 08 GT500 making 566whp and a friend's 480whp 05 SRT4.
His view
My view

my 13 GT500 making 687whp vs another friend's 550whp SRT4

God I miss street racing.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
There was a sprayed one in. South Florida .. that was naaaaaaasty

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
These use to be very popular at the track when i had my 2003 cobra. If you slept on one you were getting smoked.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I've had some good races against SRT4s, I still like those cars lol.
My 08 GT500 making 566whp and a friend's 480whp 05 SRT4.
His view
My view

my 13 GT500 making 687whp vs another friend's 550whp SRT4

God I miss street racing.
Yep, some of those little modified Skittles were ass kickers, and like @me32 said, if you were sleeping even momentarily you were probably getting smoked.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Man, I can say I have not seen one on the road for the past two years easily. There were some surprising quick skittles back in the day around here. The exhaust note was unique iirc for a 4 banger.

traktrbeam

Oh Noes!
Established Member
Premium Member
Skittle 1 copy.jpg

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Man, I can say I have not seen one on the road for the past two years easily. There were some surprising quick skittles back in the day around here. The exhaust note was unique iirc for a 4 banger.

I think they all fell apart. They were cheap to begin with, so they tended to end up in the hands of people that beat them into the ground.

Up until a couple years ago you could still get a deal on one:

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
There are still some really nice ones out there. One of our calibrators drives this one. Its an ACR, big turbo, custom manifold, all the goodies. Makes north of 600 on all the boost.

IMG_9688.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_9813.jpg
    IMG_9813.jpg
    225.5 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_9815.jpg
    IMG_9815.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 64

SHOdown220

Established Member
I think they all fell apart. They were cheap to begin with, so they tended to end up in the hands of people that beat them into the ground.

Up until a couple years ago you could still get a deal on one:

A guy at work has one and that thing looks rough. I just searched the other day online and it seems clean low mileage ones are asking mid 20s. Insane

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Nobody wanted to get beat by these things back in the day but a few well chosen mods made them SN95 killers on the highway.
The factory support with multiple stages including a high octane mode was also nice.
They didnt have much of a problem with SN95 GTs...ask me how i know lol

I still miss my moonlight blue boat anchor though

Last edited:

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
Back in the day I raced one with my worked Foxbody. My car ran 11.0 at 126mph at the time and I lined up with a blue srt4. We went at it from 30-140mph and I only beat him by a fender.

Turns out it had a built engine and bigger turbo. The guy just got the combo together and was breaking it in on low boost. It ended up making over 600whp when he got it dialed in.

I looked at getting an orange 2005 srt4 as a daily driver. The insurance for a young guy with a some marks on his driving record was $450 a month LOL

ArabianOak

Established Member
If you took one if these for granted, you were probably going to get embarrassed.
I had a 2003 Audi TT with APR tune back in 04 and remember vividly getting demolished by one of these on 294 North...I was mmob and here comes this bright blue srt/4 next to me, i heard his blowoff valve and kinda laughed. Then he waived me to go first from around 60mph.

A half second later he blew past me with a rainbow fury that I will never forgot. Earned my respect that day...lol.

robvas

Established Member
Slightly annoying dude in blue did a video on them the other day...I remember a couple lightly modded ones running around that would beat up on the Mustang guys that didn't have any real work done

Users who are viewing this thread