2003 DSG, Original Owner, $14K

metaman

Established Member
SOLD

Will post more pics on this thread over the weekend. Rain stopped the photo shoot. Body is as clean as it looks. No door dings.

Plenty of touch ups here and there, it is after all a 10 year old car. Zero smoke on start up and wide open throttle. Breaks the tires loose from a 40 roll no problem.

cobraaddpics004.jpg

cobraaddpics005.jpg

cobraaddpics003.jpg

Original Owner Florida Car, 2003 Dark Shadow Grey Cobra, No accidents at all!

Price:14,000 obo

Reason For Selling: Have lost interest in it after driving it for most of a decade.

130k miles, mostly low impact over drive stuff with the occasional blast.

Motor is in perfect mechanical condition, pulls like new at wide openthrottle.

Clutch(Spec stage 1) has only got about 3000 miles on it. (rated to 510 torque)

Only power mods the car has ever had in its entire life are..

2.8 Pulley
large open air filter
mail order rwtd tune
offroad x
weld in mac mufflers

Honestly,that is it. Never even put a real catback on it. Sounds awesome with the set up though.

Other mods

MM aluminum diff mount bushings

IRS diff cover brace

Strange 10 way adjustable rear shocks (1000 miles on them)

Custom Fabbed full length subframe connectors done by George at Street Rods and Customs. (builds and drives pro mod cars)

Stance achieved by cutting one full coil off the stock coils

Front has stock bilstiens, came off of a 6000 mile car and installed 3000 miles ago

THE LOW DOWN

I honestly believe that it will prove very difficult to find a better looking and running cobra for the kind of money I am asking for this one. That being said, the car is not perfect. It is a 10 year old car. You will be getting a lot of car for the money, but there are things about it that are expected on an old car like...

The carpet on the floor of the drivers side has a couple holes worn in it, easy fix for you.

The drivers seat bolster has got the typical mustang hole worn in it from sliding into the car.

No part of the car has ever been repainted. To look new it would need new paint on basically all of the plastic parts except for the rear pillars. Only really bad paint on the car is the top of the spoiler where the clear cote has started delaminating. The front bumper has seen better days. 130k of bugs and rocks take their tole. This color hides a lot though. It is an honest 20ft car.

Right now the only issue with the way the car runs is a light throttle rpm rough spot at around 2k rpm or so. It is definitely a tuning issue. More than likely associated with the high ethanol in he fuel these days. As soon as you give it any decent amount of throttle it cleans right up and runs hard and smooth. If the car where dyno tuned it would run perfect. Running an old RWTD mail order tune.

Last month I pulled the blower, capped the pcv line under it, cleaned the intercooler, and installed breathers to replace the pcv system.

The rear tires are almost new. The fronts are about due for replacement. The front left has got some radial pull in it that happens on uneven pavement.

The harmonic balancer was replaced with a new ford unit 2k miles ago.

I swapped out the stock injectors for another set of stockers with low miles on them at the 100k mile mark.

Just replaced the clutch cable with a new stock one. Clutch pedal feels good.

Tranny is solid, shifts as smooth as you could expect a T56 to shift.

Have new front rotors and pads that I will include with the car to help counter balance the need for fresh front tires. I would put front tires on the car, but I figure who ever buys it will probably slap drag radials on it anyway.

Car only saw the drag strip 4 times in its life. Last time was 4 years ago.

Recharging the A/C this weekend. Had to replace the orifice tube and schrader valve. Blows very cold, I use envirosafe refrigerant in it.

I am located very near the Woolbright exit off of 95. Come on by and I will take you for a ride in it. No tire kickers. Test drives will be my judgment call on the individual.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread