2003 Mach 1 Project Bad Mach

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
Im a fan of compression. 11:1 and 10 psi is going to be awesome. Run E and never look back. It'll crank out 800 or so at 10 psi.. maybe a bit more. The coyote is a bad bitch.

Sweet build.. ive always loved Mach 1's.

This is a 4.6 4V not a Coyote. I figure the 4.6 4V with that CR, E85, cams, and 10lbs should make about 600 or so.

I do have a Coyote going into my GT and plan is custom cams, 18 manifold, and going to try and get pistons to make it around 12.5:1.

If you buy an EV you won’t suffer through high gas prices. - Peter Buttplug

Deceptive

Established Member
Premium Member
oh shit, sweet!

Should feel a lot better with the 11:1CR and valvetrain I ordered than what the current 9.35:1 CR stroker and Comp Cams setup does without boost.

I think 600hp on 10lbs is a good guess. I currently have a 10% crank and 4” pulley but may up to a 3.85 blower pulley with the 10%. Not earth shattering boost but doesn’t need to be with the CR and E85.

Oh and I have a MS3PNP so I can spin it over 7k RPMs.

Deceptive

Established Member
Premium Member
I can start making some progress on the Mach 1 and start saying goodbye to the VW Golf lifestyle.

Received five cans of spray paint today. The weekend weather forecast looks good. I can start removing the factory sound material and carpet, sand, clean, prep, and paint the interior metal. Then I will put down new sound material and carpet. I will also be fixing wiring issues, installing the new audio setup, wiring up the rear view camera, installing the MS3PNP, and maybe installing the new fuel system.

The car will no longer be the original Torch Red, the whatever wrap Red, the Taxi Cab Yellow of the bumpers, or Silver of the trunk lid.

Here is a little hint of what is to come for Project Bad Mach.

IMG_3326.JPG

JaCobro

Luke 10:19
Established Member
Premium Member
I can start making some progress on the Mach 1 and start saying goodbye to the VW Golf lifestyle.

Received five cans of spray paint today. The weekend weather forecast looks good. I can start removing the factory sound material and carpet, sand, clean, prep, and paint the interior metal. Then I will put down new sound material and carpet. I will also be fixing wiring issues, installing the new audio setup, wiring up the rear view camera, installing the MS3PNP, and maybe installing the new fuel system.

The car will no longer be the original Torch Red, the whatever wrap Red, the Taxi Cab Yellow of the bumpers, or Silver of the trunk lid.

Here is a little hint of what is to come for Project Bad Mach.

View attachment 1746092

Solid choice going with antimatter blue man. My buddy has a ‘21 f150 with that paint color, and it is pretty awesome how the different shades it looks depending on the lighting. Haha. Looking forward to seeing what it looks like on your mach1.

Deceptive

Established Member
Premium Member

So, in the process of trying to get some information for people by installing the LARP X Pipe I must have induced an exhaust leak or something. You can hear the noise coming from around the X Pipe.

The exhaust noise kept me from installing the MS3PNP. I want it good before I start that stuff.

IMG_3368.JPG

I swapped out the 30psi Speedhut Gauge for a 15psi one.

IMG_3355.JPG

I also installed the KnuKonceptz Ultimate Battery Terminals as the ones on the car were garbage.

Deceptive

Established Member
Premium Member
IMG_3604.JPG

Update on the Mach 1. I put the SOS Pod with the Speedhut EGT and Boost Gauge in the car so it is not sitting in the garage where my dumbass will possibly break it.

Yesterday I decided to put a few miles on the car, 5 to be exact and things did not go so well.

The car runs hard, no doubt, however I doubt I will put anymore miles on this engine. I have been seeing an issue every now and then where, at idle, the oil pressure gauge wigs out and falls to zero then goes right back to normal. I have not had any noise other than possible tensioner noise at startup so I figured it is just the shit Melling Timing Components.

Yesterday, I took the car to the local Detailer’s Garage to get a foam cannon and some other stuff. When I got there I notice the oil pressure at zero when at idle but as soon as I blipped the throttle it came back to normal and stayed. This time it concerned me but no noise still.

Went in to get the stuff and got back in the car there was a noise about 8 times which was on a consistent interval then went away and never came back. But, the oil pressure gauge kept dropping to zero at almost every stop but again, a slight blip in throttle would bring it back up.

The guy who built the engine is supposed to be somebody that the Saleen and Shelby guys go to for their modular builds. I don’t know who is to blame for this engine. It has 310 miles on the engine, dyno sheet shows decent power for a low compression NA engine, I am sure being a stroker helped that. But I cannot trust the engine at this point.

The good news is that I found the, what are said to be ported heads, are DB castings so I think the engine will get pulled sooner to use these heads instead of the AGs I have.

I think I am selling the Procharger P1SC-1H and bracket and getting a Vortech V1 Si.

I am goin to sell the BBK Catted X Pipe and Aluminum Mac Prochamber.

I need to get the crank pulley puller for the Coyote so I can finish taking it apart in preparation for it’s rebuild and install in the GT and then pull the Mach 1 in and start disassembly for the new engine since there is no point in driving it anymore and risking damage.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
My factory oil pressure gauge did some odd stuff like that, assumed it was the sender but I was wrong. Never got a good diagnosis but cost me a rebuild

Deceptive

Established Member
Premium Member
Yup, first question would be, are you using the OEM oil pressure gauge? Have you confirmed it with a real gauge?

No and probably won’t unless I get a wild hair up my ass.

The sound upon startup worries me but it is not consistent. I have heard it maybe a total of three times and only at startup.

I have the Samco stuff to make the coolant, oil, and voltage gauge a proper gauge.

I just don’t see any reason to really mess with this anymore since pistons should have shipped and cams should not be far behind. It moves my timeline for ditching the 9.35:1 CR engine up a month or two.

Deceptive

Established Member
Premium Member
IMG_3916.JPG

Got a few personal touches for the Mach 1 in.

Received the trunk lid cover/mat from Grand Design Mats and it looks great.

My plate came in so I picked that up.

Last, I grabbed the thin (99-(early?)03) passenger A Pillar to match the SOS gauge pod.

I think the Mach 1 is a late 03. It has the thick A Pillars and DB heads.

Deceptive

Established Member
Premium Member
IMG_3957.JPG

IMG_3956.JPG

IMG_3955.JPG

IMG_3954.JPG

These should do well with 10-15 lbs of boost and some Corn Pop Juice.

Users who are viewing this thread