2003 Mach 1 Project Bad Mach

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
IMG_4174.JPG

I guess it is time to stop ****ing off and get to work on the Mach 1.

If you buy an EV you won’t suffer through high gas prices. - Peter Buttplug

Deceptive

Established Member
Premium Member
So, there has not been much to report with the Mach 1 as I just have not had time to do anything. This month has been crazy, I worked at Norfolk Naval Station for a few days, went to Florida to see my in-laws, have been trying to finish out my territory for the month in only two weeks, and get ready for our trip to Mexico tomorrow.

With all that said, everything for the long block is at the machine shop and could be done by the time I get back home. I also dropped off the timing cover, steering knuckles, calipers, valve covers, COP Covers, and shaker at the powder coater. Below are pictures from the powder coater.

IMG_7763.JPG

The shaker and COP covers got done in super matte black, with red, white, and blue lettering. The valve covers and brakes were done in silver vein with “Brembo” in super matte black.

IMG_7767.JPG

I don’t have the knuckles and timing cover photos but those were done in satin silver.

My math may be off but, I think a quarter midget is a garden gnome.

Deceptive

Established Member
Premium Member
IMG_5709.JPG

IMG_5708.JPG

A few things are at the house. Picked up the stuff from powder coat. I also received the oil pan gasket, yeah not sexy. Got the MRT Hood Struts, Accufab Billet Rear Main Seal, and Thump RRR Racing Vortech/Procharger Tensioner.

Yes, I am swapping to 3 Bolt Tensioner on the Mach 1.

IMG_5706.JPG

IMG_5707.JPG

The powder coat came out insanely good.

I think I am going to take the 8.8 housing and some other stuff up to get done.

My math may be off but, I think a quarter midget is a garden gnome.

Deceptive

Established Member
Premium Member
I will start back to getting updates on this project soon. I will say, I spent about $6k the past two weeks.

So, yeah! Updates will start back up soon.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Deceptive

Established Member
Premium Member
When is this build getting finished? 2032?

I know the machine shop has been swamped as the other quality shop around stopped assembling engines a few years back.

Hopefully some insight tomorrow when I drop off the Molnar rods. Plan is a 3.33” or 3.25” pulley with the 10% OD and 7250-7500 RPM.

I haven’t been to worried since I am still averaging about 100 nights in a hotel for work.

Outtie belly-buttons will now be referred to as “belly weenies”.

Deceptive

Established Member
Premium Member
Dropped off the rods. Takes to the owner of the shop, I just asked about how long to expect as I need to pull the engine, prep the bay, wire in some stuff, install the suspension, etc…

First thing he did was apologize, again I haven’t been too concerned with all the work travel I do much of my free time is spent with my wife and daughter. Apparently they are Jo longer assembling engines, mine will be one of the last. They haven’t been able to keep up good timelines as one of the other big and known shops stopped the assembly services a few years back.

Anyway, after we talked it is time to start getting prepared.

I don’t know what it will make but the initial plan for the Vortech V1 Ti will be a 10% OD crank with a 3.33” pulley and 7200-7500 RPM max. That would put blower speed between 54xxx and 56xxx RPM at shift and Vortech rates it for 55000.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread