2003 Mercury Marauder with GT heads and Turbo

theCollector

Established Member
FOR SALE $21,000 OBO

I am putting my Marauder up for sale. Title is in hand. I do not have to sell the car but I want to start the next project. I would consider trade +/- cash for GT500 or Terminator with low miles. Would also consider a very clean Lightning or 2005+ Mustang GT with low miles.

All work on my Marauder has been performed by professionals.

The car has been garage kept since I got it. I have never put it on the track and the new engine has less than 4000 miles at a very low boost level. Oil changed in new engine at 500 miles and subsequently every 1000 miles using Castrol engine oil and K&N oil filter. I just switched to Mobile One synthetic mid October.

This turbo should really be run at 15psi on this engine combo minimum. My plan was to break it in and up the boost but I just never did.

This car has many one-off, unique items on it. To start off it has the Ford GT (the supercar)5.4 liter cylinder heads, cams, valves, etc. This car was the prototype vehicle for adapter plates to use the factory manifold on the 5.4 heads. To run these heads, I also had to have a custom, all metal cowl induction hood made because the intake was raised almost 3 inches with the head install.

I have lost interest in the car unfortunately. As you can imagine, my asking price is only a fraction of what I have in it.

The car could use a couple changes made to get it where I wanted it. I just havent made them due to time. The monetary costs of these changes are super small or free.

1. ***** EDIT - This is no longer an issue. Please see my post number 13 below. I just purchased spal fans to replace what was on the car and an extra fan for the condenser. This will more than make up for what the stock fan used to pull. *****

2. I think the car would be better as a blow thru setup. A number of guys have had really good luck going that route on these cars. There is a short pipe that comes from the intercooler to the front of the engine and on to the throttle body. You can see it in the pics below. There is a silicone connector near the driver’s side valve cover that adapts the final pipe inline to the throttle body. This modification would replace this length of pipe from that connecter to the throttle body. I already have a short 45degree pipe and Procharger throttlebody elbow with 05+ mass air bung welded in. The new owner would need to buy a couple other pieces to complete this modification. The new owner should get a short piece of 3inch aluminum pipe and a couple silicone adapters to go from the existing pipe to the procharger elbow. This would allow you to run a 2005 Mustang style mass air which requires 3inch pipe or larger. This would also allow removal of the SCT 2400 ‘Big Air’ mass air and allow you to run a huge K&N filter.

This would allow the recirculation valve to be changed to a true blow off valve. Currently, if the recirculation valve opens at certain rpm and throttle position, (very low speeds/rpm) it can cause an inconsistent mass air signal by back-feeding air into the mass air and cause the engine to stall. It can be tuned around. So you could pick either/both routes.

The paint is in good shape. No dents or dings. A few very, very minor nicks which are to be expected for a driver. There is a scuff on the rear bumper cover near the word ‘Marauder’. It can be painted and blended with no problem. It just isn’t noticeable enough for me to worry about. But you may want to get it painted.

I will help arrange shipping if that’s the way the new owner wants to go. It will be at the new owners expense. I can recommend a company that I have personal experience with.

2003 Mercury Marauder (300B)

· Black exterior
· Charcoal interior
· 40,000 miles
· Mercury rubber all weather mats along with original factory mats (in perfect condition)
· Factory CD Changer (not connected to aftermarket radio)
· Heated front seats
· Factory trunk organizer
· Traction Control

Currently dyno tuned by Jerry W. 475rwhp/476rwtq at just under 10psi boost.

Exterior Modifications:
· Custom, all metal cowl induction hood
· Exterior, underbody valet lights
· Factory rear spoiler
· Windows tinted
· Badge-less front grill (will include original, unmodified grill as well)
· KDW ‘New Tread’ rear tires

Interior Modifications:
· Real Autometer Oil pressure and Voltage gauges in factory pod
· Real Autometer Transmission Temperature gauge in pillar pod
· TurboSmart Eboost2. 2 1/16inch boost gauge and electronic boost controller in pillar pod

Interior Stereo/Electronics Modifications:
· Pioneer D3 in dash DVD player, AM/FM radio, CD Player, HD radio, and IPod connection (in glove box)
· Pioneer Rear view camera and Bluetooth module
· RCA audio and video input routed to glove box for addition of Playstation, video camera, etc
· Boston Acoustic Pro60 separates (6½ and 1in) in front doors
· Boston Acoustic Pro60 separates (6½ and 1in) in rear deck
· Boston Acoustic C110 factory made sub box. 10inch ‘Competition’ subwoofer and 10inch passive radiator mounted on shelf to the left of spare tire
· Xtant121m mono amp with optional bass module (LQF45) powering sub
· Xtant 704x powering Boston separates
· Full power and ground distribution to trunk using JL Audio blocks and wire
· All RCA wires are MonsterCable 401’s (except input in glove box)
· Prewire for hardwired (V1) Valentine1 radar detector to overhead center console (currently mount V1 on window)
· Superchips SCT Xcal2 tuner

Engine/Driveline Modifications:
· Modular Mustang Racing (MMR) Race 1100 low compression (9.2:1) shortblock
· Polydyn fully coated pistons (low friction coating on skirts and ceramic on tops)
· ARP head studs and Main Studs
· Cometic head gaskets
· High volume oil pump with billet gear
· Ford GT 5.4 liter DOHC complete heads (heads, cams, valves, springs, etc.)
· Pro Turbo Systems turbo kit. Front mount intercooler. Black ceramic coated hot pipes and black powder coated cold pipes
· Upgraded Precision 76GTS turbo with polished ‘H’ cover (4inch inlet and 3inch outlet) and black ceramic coated .81ar exhaust housing
· Pro Turbo Systems T-bolt upgrade option
· Black turbo blanket
· Accufab polished billet throttle body
· Breslin locking header bolts
· PI 2900 stall triple disk torque converter
· Upgraded transmission stub shaft and associated drum from Lentech (additional splines and stronger metal)
· Many upgrades in transmission. Including racing clutches, ‘J’ mod, and many, many others
· Large Transmission cooler
· Art Carr deep, finned aluminum transmission pan
· Relocated coolant reservoir to passenger fender well
· Canton power steering fluid reservoir
· Twin 12inch Flex-A-Lite electric fan assembly
· Brand new factory radiator
· Brand new 180 degree thermostat
· Brand new EMP Stewart Warner water pump
· SCT Big Air 2400 mass air
· Head Cooling mod
· Aftermarket control arms
· Upgraded front sway bar
· Metal Matrix drive shaft
· 4.10 gears
· Granatelli Motorsports Coil Connectors

Fuel System Modifications:
· Aeromotive billet fuel rails with billet adapter for factory fuel pressure sensor
· Twin Ford GT fuel pumps in tank
· Upgraded FPDM
· -8 braided stainless fuel line from tank to rails
· 60lb injectors

Last edited:

theCollector

Established Member
DSC00402.gif

DSC00406.gif

DSC00399.gif

DSC00403.gif

DSC00398.gif

DSC00226.gif

DSC00227.gif

DSC00228.gif

DSC00387.gif

DSC00389.gif

DSC00394.gif

DSC00395.gif

009-1.gif
010-1.gif

007-1.gif

008-1.gif

005-1.gif

006-1.gif

003-1.gif

004.gif

001.gif
002.gif

marauder_dyno.gif

Last edited:

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
Bout time you posted it over here todd! :D

To bad i dont have any money or i'd ditch mine and buy yours in a heart beat! GL with the sale!

theCollector

Established Member
I just wanted to point out (for those that dont know anything about the Marauders) that they are DOHC.

So when I say the car has GT heads, I mean the Ford GT supercar. Same head as the GT500's but with GT cams. I realize some will see GT and think Mustang GT. If it was obvious, please excuse the explanation.

Also, I would consider a very clean, low mileage Lightning for trade.

theCollector

Established Member
FYI - I just spent over $600 on Spal fans, their pwm controller,fan relay kits, and temp sensor for the car. 13inch and 12inch High Performance fans as pullers on the engine side of radiator. And a 16inch pusher on the condenser. This should be MORE than the factory fan flow. And the a/c should kick azz in any temps and traffic now.

I will be adding them sometime in the next week or so. This will fix any temp variation when running a/c and will no longer be a concern.

At this point I am not going to raise the asking price to account for all of this expense.

Hitman318

My other car is a cruiser
Established Member
i wish i could get this car lol. awesome ride man, i could just imagine what the guys in my department would think lol

theCollector

Established Member
Thanks guys. I appreciate all the compliments. I drove it over to a performance shop yesterday to bs with the guys there. Man I forgot how fast the car really is.

I may end up getting it retuned and up the boost from the <10psi it is now to around 15-18psi. Should be over 600hp and around the same tq. Although I built it to be run around 20+.

I may end up switching back to 3.55's. The car has so much power that it definitely doesn't need 4.10's.

SVT-5.4L

Established Member
Say, Need any one "offed"?

If so, I would be willing to work out a trade.. lol
:banana:

Good luck for a sweet and sexy car!
:beer:

theCollector

Established Member
TTT....

I can sell the car through a local car dealer if it helps. I understand banks prefer to loan on dealer purchased cars versus private party. Plus the transaction may be easier for buyer.

There would be no additional costs to the buyer. A small paperwork fee will apply but I will cover it.

Users who are viewing this thread