2003 Nissan 350Z | Retro Review

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
IMG_0484.JPG

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
I always viewed these as a Japanese Mustang at the time.

Not super fast, no record-shattering abilities.

But affordable, spirited manual-equipped rwd cars.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
My son-in-law once owned both a 2005 350Z and a 2006 Z06. He didn't drive the 350Z very often. LOL.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Mine was fun in Colorado where I had mountains to drive in.

West Texas flat area. Not so much.

ArabianOak

Established Member
I had a yellow one in my younger days...roll raced against a 4 door acura TL type S and realized how slow it was...sold shortly after! lolololol

bird_dog0347

Established Member
I bought an 04 new and it was a fun car for sure... before wife and kids stage of life. It could have used more power, but ultimately it was fun while it lasted. Except for the "tire roar" that is the biggest problem on these cars. After 5-10k miles no matter how often you rotate the tires the road noise was increasing and unbearable.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I had a yellow one in my younger days...roll raced against a 4 door acura TL type S and realized how slow it was...sold shortly after! lolololol
I drove my son-in-law's 2005 Z and it was a slug. Of course, I was comparing it to my 2003 Cobra which at the time was making 457/480. LOL. That Z did absolutely nothing for me. It LOOKED high performance and it didn't DRIVE high performance.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
I drove my son-in-law's 2005 Z and it was a slug. Of course, I was comparing it to my 2003 Cobra which at the time was making 457/480. LOL. That Z did absolutely nothing for me. It LOOKED high performance and it didn't DRIVE high performance.

A 2003 350Z would have absolutely waxed the floor against a 2003 Mustang GT.

287hp, 6spd, vlsd, IRS, 3,300lbs, modern interior and great brakes for about $27k.

Mustang? 260hp, 1979 Ford LTD suspension with a POS 5spd for around $25k.

People spent way to much time crying about the Z's weight and heavy handling when it infact would smash the S2k and RX8 on tracks because of the grip and torque.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
I bought an 04 new and it was a fun car for sure... before wife and kids stage of life. It could have used more power, but ultimately it was fun while it lasted. Except for the "tire roar" that is the biggest problem on these cars. After 5-10k miles no matter how often you rotate the tires the road noise was increasing and unbearable.

Tire feathering was an issue with the factory front toe spec. Just had to change it. +2005 I believe corrected this from the factory.

My 03 never had an issue as I remember reading about it when I got the car in 2006(?) and had the alignment done correctly.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread