2004 Cobra Gauge cluster not lighting up at Night

NeoTokyo

Established Member
Can you ask your buddy if he knows anything about the pats system? I'm wanting to put an 03/04 cluster in my 01 cobra without loosing my pats system...

1.) You can use a Tuner like SCT or Sniper to turn the PATS off, I think with SCT you have to have your tuner (person) select that in the custom tune.
2.) You can swap the board from the back of your 01' onto the 03/04 but I do not know how well this will work seeing that you have the indiglow and mech boost guage to worry about. Trial and Error I guess.
3.) Most dealerships will reconfig the pats on the new cluster as long as you let them take out your old and instal the new.

rcn4god

Swirl Slayer
Established Member
1.) You can use a Tuner like SCT or Sniper to turn the PATS off, I think with SCT you have to have your tuner (person) select that in the custom tune.
2.) You can swap the board from the back of your 01' onto the 03/04 but I do not know how well this will work seeing that you have the indiglow and mech boost guage to worry about. Trial and Error I guess.
3.) Most dealerships will reconfig the pats on the new cluster as long as you let them take out your old and instal the new.

ya mine has the v6 board behind it...my tech in Fresno just got the computer and software to make the cobra guages work in my car...

with the cobra guages in the car with the right circuit board they dont light up...so im hoping the computer will fix the issue

CobradaCableGuy

Established Member
No guys it has nothing to do with boards or swaping stuff from an 99-01 to an 03-04 Cobra. The Terminators use luminescence to light the cluster totaly different from other mustang models and totaly different low wattage. If your clusters luminescence is not working just send them to me I will fix them for you. I am working on my website right now to fix SVT clusters. I have gotten around 50 clusters from guys here on the forum and still getting a response..

Last edited:

rcn4god

Swirl Slayer
Established Member
No guys it has nothing to do with boards or swaping stuff from an 99-01 to an 03-04 Cobra. The Terminators use luminescence to light the cluster totaly different from other mustang models and totaly different low wattage. If your clusters luminescence is not working just send them to me I will fix them for you. I am working on my website right now to fix SVT clusters. I have gotten around 50 clusters from guys here on the forum and still getting a response..

well see what minbe does when they get flashed...if they dont work i throw my v6 gauges back in a and send you mine:beer:

Demonio

Established Member
my cluster lights went out too... i own a 03 cobra.. must be a defect from factory, we should report for a recall or something... what i did was bought a used one and had a electrical guy swap out the plastic piece that light it up, its like those aftermarket white gauges pieces that you can install, like an overlay, and he made it work again... it went out at less then 30,000 miles. dealer wanted like 600 dlls at that time to install new cluster since there is no part numbers for pieces just for the whole cluster piece...

CobradaCableGuy

Established Member
my cluster lights went out too... i own a 03 cobra.. must be a defect from factory, we should report for a recall or something... what i did was bought a used one and had a electrical guy swap out the plastic piece that light it up, its like those aftermarket white gauges pieces that you can install, like an overlay, and he made it work again... it went out at less then 30,000 miles. dealer wanted like 600 dlls at that time to install new cluster since there is no part numbers for pieces just for the whole cluster piece...

You shoulda sent it to me would run you around $100 and you would of kept your same cluster insert and parts.:banana:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Wow, around 50 clusters done by your buddy. So bad clusters doesn't seem to be as isolated an issue as I imagined. The price sure is great!

03sm3341

Established Member
Wow!! This is a god sent I was about to drop some serious cash on getting another one after mine went out. I just sent you a pm cobradacableguy

lxtasy93

The Wheelman
Established Member
Has anyone had issue with their car stumbling or wanting to cut off when you turn the lights on? We have a customer's car here that runs fine with the lights off, then turn the lights on, the gauges sweep and go crazy and the car sputters and dies? This one is bone stock too, no extra gauges on the pillar and right now no smoking gun as to what it's doing?

CobradaCableGuy

Established Member
Has anyone had issue with their car stumbling or wanting to cut off when you turn the lights on? We have a customer's car here that runs fine with the lights off, then turn the lights on, the gauges sweep and go crazy and the car sputters and dies? This one is bone stock too, no extra gauges on the pillar and right now no smoking gun as to what it's doing?

Send it to me I will fix it for you. It's an internal problem it's about to go all out...Send me a PM if intrested.

Users who are viewing this thread