2004 gt intake air temp sensor????

slvrlightning

Usual Suspect
Established Member
does anyone here know if the 2004 has an intake temp sensor, my 2000 did but not sure if the new ones do....please help :shrug:

venom one

Schoolin' your kids
Established Member
slvrlightning said:
does anyone here know if the 2004 has an intake temp sensor, my 2000 did but not sure if the new ones do....please help :shrug:

I know that I dug this thread up from the grave, but I'm in process of buying my wife an 04 GT and the code that the car is throwing says it's the IAT sensor, but yet I can't find the damn thing. I believe I found the hole where the sensor should be on the intake tube, but no sensor, wiring...nothing. :shrug:

venom one

Schoolin' your kids
Established Member
spike_africa said:
Its part of the maf now, they started that in 2001.

Oh. I'm going to assume that the previous owner had an intake of some sort on there and then replaced it with an intake tube and MAF from another year cuz the hole is there, just no sensor. The code that the computer throws indicates an IAT sensor, so do I just replace the MAF with the correct one and it fixes the problem?

spike_africa

Established Member
i would try cleanning the maf first before i tossed out laot of money on a new one. I just use brake cleaner and spray it down let it air dry and go.

Users who are viewing this thread