2004 lightning no start

Paresh

Established Member
Hello need help .2004 lightning .no.start ..checked vacuum connections ok..new iac valve no codes stored ..fuel pressure 36 psi key on...few times got truck to fire up while feathering the gas pedal..only ran for a few seconds then dies right out ..now it will not start at all..any ideas to where i can begin...im suspecting mass air flow senser

MG0h3

Established Member
Sounds like you have fuel and spark. Whether the fuel is sufficient is unknown.

Try unplugging the maf.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Paresh

Established Member
I already tried unplugging the mass air flow ..thinking about pulling the spark plugs out to look at them..also going tonreplace the fuel filter ..

decipha

Established Member
unplugging that maf would rule out a bad maf

make sure the check engine light goes out while cranking if it doesn't then the crank sensor is bad. I just recently had to replace one.

Paresh

Established Member
Been 2 to 3 yrs .....so let me clarify .unplugging the mass air fkow vehicle still did not start ....people say if u have a k&n filter it possible the mass air flow went bad

Paresh

Established Member
Question ..i did the niode light test on the iac valve ..when i rurn key on noide light lites up for a quick second..and then goes out .isnt the time supposedto be lit .constantly with key on

Paresh

Established Member
Question iac valve i put a noide light on connector initial.key on the light comes on.after the few seconds light goes off ..is there sulposed to be constant 12volts

Users who are viewing this thread