2004 SVT Cobra mauling serpentine belt

davidbettencour

Established Member
I own a 2004 Terminator that I bought in 2009 after I returned from Iraq. It has sat in storage since 2010, as I was in Japan for the past 3 years. Now i'm taking it out of storage and need to repair it.

Here is my issue: it's got a Whipple supercharger pushing 19lbs of boost and a metco 4lb lower. But it doesn't look like it was a full kit install for the Metco lower. It looks like the previous owner only installed the 4lb Lower. All the pullies are billtflow, and there is no Idler Plate. It looks as if the alternator pulley is not out far enough, and I am chewing up the inner most rib of the belt (the rib closest to the supercharger. I am mauling belts at a rate of 1 a month. Getting real tired of this. Can anyone tell me the size of the spacer that comes with the Metco 4lb lower kit?? Any other advice I would really appreciate too.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

BLU3VN0M

SVT Addict
Established Member
I would snap some pictures of the lower pulley setup from below and give metco a call. They should be able to get you the parts you need in order to space everything out correctly.

davidbettencour

Established Member
Just to give everyone that may be interested a little update, I contacted Metco. They no longer make the kit for the alternator pieces separate from the pulley. The spacer is now cast / cut into the pulley. I got the dimensions of the spacer and I'm going to try to either find one or get one made. I'll let you know how it goes

Users who are viewing this thread