The reason I baught the Cobra over the Z06

Function
Speed

That Mustang has a first name; its C-o-n-c-e-p-t

I-R-BABOON

Got Hose?
Established Member
Originally posted by 95oRANGEcRUSH
I'm not a fan of the new style or the "new to Mustang" chassis it will have.

Sorry, but I think that the front fenders leading to the headlights reminds me of a Jaguar.:xpl:

I was thinking more like the Aston Martin kinda squared off in a way

HRSPOWR

Established Member
Drool...

Does anyone know where I can get some large format shots of the coupe? Most of what I've seen are pretty small. At least 800x600 would be good but preferably 1024x768.

Thanks!

super sonic

Established Member
"...immense powerplant, itself one of only two V10s Ford built by modifying 4.6-liter dohc V8s, slapping on an extra pair of cylinders, increasing the bore by 3.6 mm and stroke by 6.6 mm (both started at 91.4 mm). This means, of course, a unique crankshaft, pistons and con-rods. The heads are based on the Mustang Cobra R design. (Mays says the other V10 is under the hood of an as-yet undisclosed Mustang. Feasibility testing, perhaps?). The result: 590 horsepower at 6500 rpm and 509 lb-ft of torque at 5500 rpm." Taken from Autoweek.com
If the 2005 or 2006 cobra has a 427 w/590hp i'm an owner.

Ripper

And Then Some............
Established Member
Originally posted by super sonic
"...immense powerplant, itself one of only two V10s Ford built by modifying 4.6-liter dohc V8s, slapping on an extra pair of cylinders, increasing the bore by 3.6 mm and stroke by 6.6 mm (both started at 91.4 mm). This means, of course, a unique crankshaft, pistons and con-rods. The heads are based on the Mustang Cobra R design. (Mays says the other V10 is under the hood of an as-yet undisclosed Mustang. Feasibility testing, perhaps?). The result: 590 horsepower at 6500 rpm and 509 lb-ft of torque at 5500 rpm." Taken from Autoweek.com
If the 2005 or 2006 cobra has a 427 w/590hp i'm an owner.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :thumbsup:

I really doubt they'll ever do that though :(

E. Green Cobra

Bounced in the 1st!
Established Member
I think I'll wait for the 06 cobra of maybe the 07, not that I dont trust FoMoCo or anything like that but they have been known to drop the ball. Just think since Most totally new cars tend to have most of the problems associated with that particualr model(early). The '99,01,03 cobras "SHOULD" have been the most advanced, best engineered cars with the least amount of problems. Hopefully fords quality will go up a bit too.

krman68

Established Member
The pics I see of that 05 the more I love it. Lets just hope it doesn't get toned down and made bland like they have a tendency to do with concepts.

As for the V10 - How in the he** will they get a V10 in that engine bay. The mod 4.6 just fits.

If you really want a V10, did anyone see the concept motorcycle from Dodge called the Tomahawk. It has the Viper V10, 4 wheels and boasts a top speed of upwards of 400mph Its totally unbelievable.

Last edited:

svo1990mustang

2.3 + turbo = fun
Established Member
Originally posted by HRSPOWR
Drool...

Does anyone know where I can get some large format shots of the coupe? Most of what I've seen are pretty small. At least 800x600 would be good but preferably 1024x768.

Thanks!

Here are some :beer:

gtconcept1_800.jpg

gtconcept4_800.jpg

More here: http://www.stangnet.com/mustanggtconcept/wallpapers/

Darryl

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread