2006 GTO stock vs stock Mach I...

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
my friends 99 TTop T/a 6spd weighed in at 3600 lbs. without him in it. It does have subframe connectors and a strut tower brace tho.

It shouldn't weigh that much, maybe the scale was off..:shrug:

My t-top ss weighed 3440 without me in it. It also had a full nitrous bottle and half a tank of gas

That sounds about right, mine weighed 3453lbs.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
it wasnt off. my car came in at 3780 lbs., right where it should be.

Thats what fbody verts weigh, my ttop ws6 had subframe connectors too and it only weighed 3453lbs, (full weight, only lighter mods were headers, exhaust)..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pontiac_Firebird

Curb weight, 3440 lb (1560 kg) (5.7L LS1)

Camaro Coupe

Camaro Convertible

Z28 Coupe

Z28 Convertible

The hardtop stripper formulas weigh as little as 3200lbs.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
It shouldn't weigh that much, maybe the scale was off..:shrug:

That sounds about right, mine weighed 3453lbs.

Without a full tank you aren't even talking curb weights...and my last fbody was down to 3400lbs and had 1/4 tank of gas and weight reduction when weighed (including A/C delete)... I've owned F-Bodies since 2001 (which is a massive number of years I know) but I've never seen them weigh as little as some people claim.

TrickStang37

Established Member
Without a full tank you aren't even talking curb weights...and my last fbody was down to 3400lbs and had 1/4 tank of gas and weight reduction when weighed (including A/C delete)... I've owned F-Bodies since 2001 (which is a massive number of years I know) but I've never seen them weigh as little as some people claim.

we're getting our cars weighed again in a few weeks. we take it to a CERTIFIED (they are, by law, checked by an inspector) cat scale, it goes in increments of 20 lbs. so the weight of his car can be 3590-3610.

are you guys posting from certified weight scales? my 5.0 with a great amount of weight reduction came in at 3160. (alum heads, alum d/s, a/c delete, smog pump delete, removed dog bone, removed bumper brackets, removed fog lights, fiberglass hood, o/r exhaust, removed sway bar, removed accessory brackets, alum radiator, removed heater)

Last edited:

S8ER01Z

Established Member
I weighed my LT1 on a certified truck scale at a grain company (who knows how accurate it was) but as you said they have to be checked by officials by law so I would guess it was dead on.

Doc GTO

Local 10 sec Caddie
Established Member
if you go to ANY car forum dedicated to a specific car line (ls1gto.com, svtp.com, ls1tech.com, viperalley, etc.), that forum will elevate the status of their car just a bit. in other words, gto's will beat cobras on the gto site, whereas cobras will beat gto's on the cobra site. its just the way it is.

one of the only things i don't like about my gto, is the difficulty of getting a good launch. once you get rolling this car is fast, faster than a mach 1.

On LS1GTO our senior members will call BS on a GTO owner if they make wild claims . . . Us well seasoned members know what to expect from our rivals.

THAITED

Established Member
we're getting our cars weighed again in a few weeks. we take it to a CERTIFIED (they are, by law, checked by an inspector) cat scale, it goes in increments of 20 lbs. so the weight of his car can be 3590-3610.

are you guys posting from certified weight scales? my 5.0 with a great amount of weight reduction came in at 3160. (alum heads, alum d/s, a/c delete, smog pump delete, removed dog bone, removed bumper brackets, removed fog lights, fiberglass hood, o/r exhaust, removed sway bar, removed accessory brackets, alum radiator, removed heater)

where in SJ? I need my car weight too.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member

It's not only what I weighed my car at and countless other people, it's what they're rated to weigh from the manfuacture! I mean come on, 3600lbs+ is only a little less than what a Cobra weighs with an iron block, IRS and blower. :lol1:

Straight from LS1tech.com & GM's website.
http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1740883&postcount=5

Curb Weights 1508 kg (3324 lb.) - Coupe (w/3.8L V6)
1559 kg (3437 lb.) - Z28 Coupe (w/5.7L V8)
1569 kg (3459 lb.) - Convertible(w/3.8LV6)
1620 kg (3571 lb.) - Z28 Convertible
(w/5.7L V8)

http://media.gm.com/division/canada/english/products/chevrolet/archives/1998Camaro.html

and BTW, I did weigh my WS6 with less than a 1/4 tank of gas, but weigh a GTO with a full tank of gas and it will eclipse 3800lbs++.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Hmmm.. I will try to get my ls1 weighed here soon... I really can't see it being that light (certainly doesn't feel like it that is for sure)....

Doc GTO

Local 10 sec Caddie
Established Member
My raceweight with me in the car and full tank of nitrous (10 lbs bottle size) and 1/4 tank of gas is 3815. I'm 180lbs. I have lightened the car a bit but still full interior.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
My raceweight with me in the car and full tank of nitrous (10 lbs bottle size) and 1/4 tank of gas is 3815. I'm 180lbs. I have lightened the car a bit but still full interior.

You got like 150lbs worth of weight reduction right? Still that's pretty light..:coolman: I would think with a 180lb driver a stock GTO would be nearly 4,000lbs.

Patisi

Established Member
Finally, the thread maybe dying since no one raced. Now we are on to talking about the car weight and it seems less people are chiming in too. We have come a long way from the race, to car weight. I recall someone in AL calling out for a Mach1 to race him, I guess no one lives near him, so to date, still no race on the books, just the usual Internet Racing. Oh well.

Tunink

Established Member
Im still waiting, at a local show I asked a pullied Cobra to run, he also owns a geared CAI exhaust Mach, maybe he'll run. cool guy too.

Users who are viewing this thread