2007-2009 Oxygen Sensors with Longtubes

azc0bra

Established Member
Has anyone found a solution to not running extensions in an 07-09? There is not enough room to move the harness far enough to get them to connect with my long tubes. I have read that there may be a certain Denso/NTK oxygen sensor with extended wiring that will work (NON-WIDEBAND) but I for the life of me cannot find the part number.

I continue to get O2 sensor codes (P0153/P0133) for delay and the car runs like crap. I have installed brand new Motorcraft sensors but have to be ran with extensions, which I believe are the issue.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

HKusp

Established Member
Your tuner should be able to play with the timing the ecu is looking for in the programming to keep the light from illuminating and get the car to run properly.

Last edited:

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I do remember a long time ago. That NGK made a proper longer 02 sensor for the 07-09. I don't remember part number. Try doing a site search.

XP900

Established Member
Why would extensions create an issue if they are straight thru wires??

mhunsr

Established Member
Use Ford GT O2 sensors, they come with longer wires. I have had them on mine for a while with zero issues.

hotcobra03

Established Member
I recall some issues on the 03/04 with using these

Some were found to be pinned wrong causing codes ,

I use bosch with extended harness to reach instead..

azc0bra

Established Member
Use Ford GT O2 sensors, they come with longer wires. I have had them on mine for a while with zero issues.

Do you know the part number by chance? Motorcraft DY1401 is what Fords website is showing and that’s the same for GT500 which are too short of a harness.

azc0bra

Established Member
I recall some issues on the 03/04 with using these

Some were found to be pinned wrong causing codes ,

I use bosch with extended harness to reach instead..

Have you had any issues with Bosch? I was told to not use theirs but seems to be very few options.

hotcobra03

Established Member
Have you had any issues with Bosch? I was told to not use theirs but seems to be very few options.

No issues using them.

I do recall getting these code before just can't say if I had extender harness than with oem sensor,

For me I did what everyone else was doing in 03,
Extended harness
Mil elimator on rear.

Had nothing but codes.

Went with handheld tune,
Used longer harness front
And took out rear mil elimator
And left the o2s on

Have no cats,,

Been years now with no issues

azc0bra

Established Member
So for those who may be having the same issues I am. I am going to begin by installing a set of Bosch 15719 O2 sensors. These are upstream alternative length sensors for our cars with 24" of wiring. Will report back if they seem to work alright and after I do some data logging.

After looking at pictures, the actual sensor looks awfully similar to the Motorcraft OEM so I would be somewhat suprised if they aren't actually the same sensor just rebranded.

There are a couple different part numbers, 15718 is 16" and 15719 is 24" (same sensors).

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
So for those who may be having the same issues I am. I am going to begin by installing a set of Bosch 15719 O2 sensors. These are upstream alternative length sensors for our cars with 24" of wiring. Will report back if they seem to work alright and after I do some data logging.

After looking at pictures, the actual sensor looks awfully similar to the Motorcraft OEM so I would be somewhat suprised if they aren't actually the same sensor just rebranded.

There are a couple different part numbers, 15718 is 16" and 15719 is 24" (same sensors).

Keep us updated

mhunsr

Established Member
I bought mine of Rockauto. Don't remeber the part number. You might be able to cross reference the part number from their site and get them from other parts providers.

I have always had running issues with extensions. No CEL, just didn't run right.

azc0bra

Established Member
Today I pulled the OEM 2007-2009 Motorcraft O2 sensors/extensions and installed a pair of Bosch 15719 sensors. Upon visual inspection, they are the exact same sensor/wiring/connector. I cannot spot a difference. This leads me to believe they should work just fine. After a short test drive, they seem to be operating as they should. I will know in about 100 miles if they resolved the issue or not.

For reference, these sensors were the perfect length to reach the passenger side connector with long-tubes, with maybe an inch of wiggle room. The driver side had a lot more room.

Harry08

Established Member
With my Stainless Works long tubes I was able to loosen the wiring harness for the o2 wires
at the top of the bellhousing and that gave me more than enough slack for the wires to reach.

azc0bra

Established Member
With my Stainless Works long tubes I was able to loosen the wiring harness for the o2 wires
at the top of the bellhousing and that gave me more than enough slack for the wires to reach.

What year GT500 do you have? I tried this on my 2007 and there was not a chance in hell it was going to work. I needed a good 20" of slack to reach my passenger side O2.

70SCJ

(Ret) USMC F/A-18 Driver
Established Member
Just found this thread. I'm having the same issues. Will the 15719 part # work for both upstream and downstream and long tubes?

azc0bra

Established Member
Just found this thread. I'm having the same issues. Will the 15719 part # work for both upstream and downstream and long tubes?

The 15719 are upstream, the downstream OE length have no issues matching up without extra length. So far so good, I haven’t had any codes yet after about 100 miles. Will report back after another 100 or so.

Users who are viewing this thread