2007-2012 DSS 2 piece Chromoly/Aluminum Driveshaft 800 HP Rated

builttodrive

Established Member
I have a used but in excellent condition DSS 2 piece Chromoly/ Aluminum driveshaft. The shaft has a new hanger support bearing and the U-joints are all tight. This shaft was used on my 07 gt500 when the suspension was set very low for road racing. I needed to raise the car up when I returned it to street duty and the shaft was a touch short. The rear aluminum shaft could very easily be extended with the ends put on a longer shaft. I ended up just installing a DSS aluminum one piece shaft the was longer. I wish I would have just used the two piece and extended it at my local driveline shop. It was much smoother and quieter than my new one piece. I still have this option of course but my custom suspension makes the swap a pain. Make me an offer! IMG_3565.jpgIMG_2963.jpgFullSizeRender.jpg

Last edited:

builttodrive

Established Member
$300 OBO

The shaft is obviously much stronger than the stocker rated to 800hp and is much much lighter too!

Works better than a 1 piece on very low cars and will allow for a lower stance than a 1 piece because of extra tunnel clearance allowed.

This will probably work for most lowered cars without needing to lengthen the rear shaft. My driveway way is too steep to get the car in and out without rubbing the spoiler so I had to significantly raise the car (near stock) for more clearance and causing the shaft to be just a touch short.

builttodrive

Established Member
my ride will need an upgrade but its not lowered -- standard 2011 svtpp

I know the SVTPP has a lower stance from the factory than a standard gt500 model. It may fall into that window of correct length or if you had any future plans to lower it. My local driveline shop said they could extend the rear aluminum shaft with the ends swapped over for around $100 or so.

Speedboosted

Established Member
PM me the overall length, curious to see if this will work on another car of mine that I use for road racing with a 6060 trans.

Users who are viewing this thread