2007 GT500 Maint. Done

GT500R

Established Member
Hey guys,

I have owned an '07 GT500 since new (Nov 2006) and only drive it 800 or so miles a year, been 100% stock engine and no mods for its entire life. I have done oil changes every year and wanted to get all fluids flushed so I went to Ford and had them do everything I can think of such as...

1/ Coolant Change (engine & supercharge system)
2/ Diff. Flush
3/ Power Steering
4/ Brake Fluid
5/ Oil Change

I asked them to do spark plugs but they said they pulled 1 on each bank and they looked fine. They also said the fuel filter isn't traditional (in line) and wouldn't need replacement. I was thinking of doing a trans. fluid change (that right?) but they didn't think it needed it. Was I missing anything or does anything need to be looked at further?

TIA

69b302

Established Member
Fuel filter is inline and is mounted under the car, on driver side, approximately under drivers seat.

buddha93

Established Member
Your good.

Coolant ph levels can change over time, it's one most folks don't address. There is some newer stuff out that lasts 10 years now, neon yellow colored.

bg302

Established Member
Personally, I would change the fuel filter. Sitting so much has likely gummed up the filter some. It's an easy job. It wouldn't hurt to change the trans fluid because of the age also. Another easy task.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
So you have about 12,000 miles on your GT500 and with it being all stock, it is assumed you don't drag race it. Surprised the dealer agreed to do the diff, power steering, and brake fluid. And changing the oil every 800 miles. Wow

GT500R

Established Member
So you have about 12,000 miles on your GT500 and with it being all stock, it is assumed you don't drag race it. Surprised the dealer agreed to do the diff, power steering, and brake fluid. And changing the oil every 800 miles. Wow

Drag race at a track, correct I do not do that...

Although I would say 11,400 or so of those miles have been full throttle rowing through the gears like an olympian in Japan though... so might have needed it :D

Users who are viewing this thread