2008 Roush 427R vs...Fiat!

2002stang

Established Member
This past weekend was the Ford Nationals in Carlise PA. I have an 06 GT but my dad has a couple of toys. One is a Satge 3 427 Roush. He is over 70 and the Roush literally collects dust so I usually take a few weeks of summer just so car is driven. So I'm driving it to nationals from NJ with wife and kids behind me in our odyssey. It's a good 3 hour cruise. We are on highway cruising at 65 when this Fiat flies up onto wife's bumper then cuts in front of me. Def had a loud exhaust. My blood boils but with kids behind I let him go. At toll we go through ezpass and pass him as he is in cash lanes. Well here he comes flying up again and looking to jump in front of me again. I'm at about 70, down shift and once along side me I punch in and put a bus on him. I slow up and he pulls along side and I tell him to take hit. I let him get a good car as his exhaust screams and I once again down shift and pass him as if he was standing still. I slow up and look over and as he passed he is waiving his fist. Lol had no clue what that meant but my point was made. Just bc it's loud don't mean it's fast! Trust me I know. I have a loud 06 GT. As others have pointed out..the commercials for these cars are really fooling buyers into thinking they have race cars. Of course as I waited for wife she pulls along side of me shaking her head. Lol

ITRIEDEL

Established Member
They're good little zippers. They sound great and they perform well for what they are made to do. They defenitly are not made to run along side these bigger v8's

2002stang

Established Member
Ha yeah when I saw him waiving his fist I was like ummmmm ok. It was the first fiat I've seen wanting to race. I was a bit curious but after the first time I stopped him dead in tracks I knew it was not going to be close but figured since he thought it was ok to fly up on my families rear bumper I at least owed him a hurt ego

2002stang

Established Member
And if they are peppy it must be from a stop zipping around town bc the Roush is supercharged but by no means a monster and it was a pure bullying that I laid on him from about 50

Stinger2011

Established Member
Good job putting him in his place.

I was just thinking the other day about how stupid those commercials are, especially the one where Godzilla eats one of the cars and spits it back out. Seriously?

Users who are viewing this thread