2008 vette dynos 400 RWHP STOCK no break in

KingBlack

I'm more stupid than I post
Established Member
DHG BULLITT said:
GT500 owners are worse than Vette owners.

Simple.

If your panties are really getting in that much of a twist maybe go with a car that doesn't weight the moon next time.

2 facts for you...

weight
03 < 07

faster from factory
03 < 07

get over the weight...the 03 isnt far behind buddy

Last edited:

KingBlack

Established Member
roushraven said:
That statement is so very true.
I believe that was/is a lost opportunity on Ford's part. Even if it was priced competetive with the Viper SRTs and 911 Carreras and built in similar numbers, it would still sell large volume and take a chunk out of the performance sports car sales segment dominated by GM, DC and Porsche.

for the love of god look at the big picture. the Z06 as good as a car it is is nothing more then a parts bin car from chevys performance div. just like the gt500. and honestly how many of each do you see on the road compared to focus, impalas, malibu's. fusions etc...? those are the cars keeping the company in the black...so why blow 100 million dollars to design a new platform of a car you only sell 10,000 of a year. not a good business move. look at the 1990's... supras, rx7, 300 zx twin turbos, 3000 gt, nsx, etc all died, and all out performed the mustangs z28's of their time. ford is in business to make money...

the gt500 is a great car, so is the c6's, but they shouldnt be compared. and no, pricem doesnt determine class. if so, the toyota prius and mustang gt are directr competitors...silly isnt it?

Junior00

Hurter Of Delicate Vaginas
Established Member
Premium Member
perhaps gm should come back out with a big ci n/a 4 cam motor...if anyone remembers the zr-1 was a badass little 4 cammer though the general never didn't spent enough production years on it to sort out the kinks. Just imagine, if they had spent the past 10 years perfecting it like they have the pushrod motor....remembered this video too http://videos.streetfire.net/video/cce3a6de-8e59-4c50-94a9-983500887943.htm

Saw a guy in part of hot rod tour about 4 years ago I think who drove just one leg...anyway it was a 414 ci zr-1 motor (darton sleeves, forged internals, custom cams...etc.)that was laying down 575ish to the wheels and ran 10.17 (time sheet supplied). Regardless, that could be now and what would be considered more technologically advanced??? GM has and will continue to do things with pushrod motors ford had all but given up on. Just shows what money/developement and engineers have taken both companies down diff. paths.

broeli

Established Member
KingBlack said:
the gt500 is a great car, so is the c6's, but they shouldnt be compared. and no, pricem doesnt determine class. if so, the toyota prius and mustang gt are directr competitors...silly isnt it?
Yes they should be compared. They are both "performance cars" offered by two different companies for a similar price. Many GT500 shoppers are similar to Vette shoppers. Similar age and household income. Just because one has a back seat doesn't mean they shouldn't be compared. Even Ford compared them in testing. Ford wanted the GT500 to compete with the Vette in every catagory...it comes up short though.
You have to remember...most people that buy these cars don't use them as daily drivers, they have other cars for the daily driver.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
broeli said:
Yes they should be compared. They are both "performance cars" offered by two different companies for a similar price. Many GT500 shoppers are similar to Vette shoppers. Similar age and household income. Just because one has a back seat doesn't mean they shouldn't be compared. Even Ford compared them in testing.

no they should not be compared. they are two completely different vehicles. just as the sl65 and 997 gt3 are completely different vehicles.:idea:

jleews6

Established Member
Illtaketwlight said:
Because cu/in for cu/in there getting there ass spanked by all. Plain and simple.

I didnt read this whole thread but this statement is wrong. Take your 5.4 @11 # of boost and it comes out to about 550 c.i. @ around 520 hp and thats less than 1 hp per cube.
Thats not that great in todays times. Deep down Im a ford guy but GM has an engine that makes well over 1 HP per CI N/A and still can get almost 30 MPG and your saying that there way behind?:rollseyes

Last edited:

broeli

Established Member
ON D BIT said:
no they should not be compared. they are two completely different vehicles. just as the sl65 and 997 gt3 are completely different vehicles.:idea:
You know as well as I do that they are cross shopped. It's pretty obvious just by taking a visit to the GT500 forum. They aren't "completely" different. Maybe to you they are, because it would have to be your only car. To me the amount of seats doesn't matter in my fun, non daily driven car. I have a family of four but I wouldn't hesitate to consider a 2 seater...considering I have 3 other cars to haul the family around :)

Last edited:

KingBlack

Established Member
broeli said:
You know as well as I do that they are cross shopped. It's pretty obvious just by taking a visit to the GT500 forum. They aren't "completely" different. Maybe to you they are, because it would have to be your only car. To me the amount of seats doesn't matter in my fun, non daily driven car. I have a family of four but I wouldn't hesitate to consider a 2 seater...considering I have 3 other cars to haul the family around :)

do you think everyone else here is in that same situation?

broeli

Established Member
KingBlack said:
do you think everyone else here is in that same situation?
Are you in the market for a GT500? If not, you don't count anyway :)
Most people shopping for a GT500 ARE in the same situation. Very few people use it as their family everyday car.

chriscorv5

Established Member
wow, just give up im sorry to anyone who has wasted there money on a ford gt500. I just raced a pullied one the other day, with my bolt on 01 z06 and walked his ass.

Last edited:

KingBlack

Established Member
broeli said:
Are you in the market for a GT500? If not, you don't count anyway :)
Most people shopping for a GT500 ARE in the same situation. Very few people use it as their family everyday car.

i could fire back..but why bring myself down to your level? from the way you trash it id guess youre not in the market for one. ive got a zx2, g35 and 10 sec 1990 notch...but no kids...my notch is the daily driver...

Bob Cosby

Established Member
chriscorv5 said:
wow, just give up im sorry to anyone who has wasted there money on a ford gt500. I just raced a pullied one the other day, with my bolt on 01 z06 and walked his ass.

Which is why you are on this forum, no doubt. To beat your chest?

broeli

Established Member
KingBlack said:
i could fire back..but why bring myself down to your level? from the way you trash it id guess youre not in the market for one. ive got a zx2, g35 and 10 sec 1990 notch...but no kids...my notch is the daily driver...
Trash it? How am I trashing it by saying it should be compared to the Vette?I'm speaking the truth when I say it comes up short against the '08 base Vette. No trash talking. I WISH Ford had a Mustang that was the total package. There's no doubt I'd get one. I've always been a Ford person. I won't buy a car just because it's from a certain company though.

Bob Cosby

Established Member
chriscorv5 said:
I just think its sad, that my 01 z06 with about 3k in mods will kill a gt500 in every way.

An 01 LS1 F-body with 3k in mods could probably beat one, or a 03/04 Cobra with less than that, so don't get too excited or sad.

Its a silly statement to make. I'm not a big fan of the GT500 either, but the "my XYZ car with $xxxx in mods whooped up on a new GT500!" crowd is pretty lame.

KingBlack

Established Member
broeli said:
Trash it? How am I trashing it by saying it should be compared to the Vette?I'm speaking the truth when I say it comes up short against the '08 base Vette. No trash talking. I WISH Ford had a Mustang that was the total package. There's no doubt I'd get one. I've always been a Ford person. I won't buy a car just because it's from a certain company though.

well the 08 vette is clearly a reply from chevy to the 07 gt500...id be impressed if they both came out the sme year...who know in 09 the gt500 may have a smaller pulley to combat the 08 vettes

LAcop124

Established Member
GT500 is an awsome car, a dream come true for mustang guys.....but it's way to heavy. everybody knows that. a new vette can run with a gt500 let alone a zo6. i'm a mustang guy but u cannot overlook those vettes.

Bob Cosby

Established Member
KingBlack said:
well the 08 vette is clearly a reply from chevy to the 07 gt500...

Bologna. The 08 Vette is simply an incremental improvement over the 07 Vette. You'd get laughed out of a board meeting at Chevrolet if you tried to suggest that the Vette should get an 'upgrade' based on a perceived threat from a Mustang. Any Mustang.

They are totally different cars. Always have been, and almost certainly always will be.

broeli

Established Member
KingBlack said:
well the 08 vette is clearly a reply from chevy to the 07 gt500...id be impressed if they both came out the sme year...who know in 09 the gt500 may have a smaller pulley to combat the 08 vettes
:lol: The 07 Vette beat the GT500 in every performance catagory as it was. The only thing they were about even in was 1/4 mile times. The Corvette receives improvements year after year..and it's not because of the Mustang.
Smaller pulley? I think they should focus on other areas besides pure hp to improve the GT500. How about improvements to make it a well rounded overall performer..such as less weight and better suspension.

Bob Cosby

Established Member
I have no issues with the suspension (I admit to being quite biased to the drag racing side of things)....my issue is with the porkiness of the car. 3920 lbs is ridiculas.

Users who are viewing this thread