2009 gt500 bump stop hitting?

Islandcat

Established Member
I have a gt500 with tvs, bigger throttle body(67), 123 cai, along with 3:73 gears. When I accelerate hard and it hooks up good, when I shift gears and get back on the gas it makes a loud bang. It would seem that after my suspension unbinds when I get off the gas, and then gets binded up again when I hit the gas, it seems like it would be hitting the bump stops. Is that even possible? I never had this problem before until I upgraded to the tvs. Anybody has any thoughts on that and what I need to do. The car is still mostly stock on the suspension. All I have is an upper control arm that I changed.

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member
Check the torque on the UCA bolts and inspect the UCA diff bushing. I doubt you are hitting the suspension bump stops.

builttodrive

Established Member
I have my suspension pretty low and I was hitting them. I trimmed the first nipple or two off (it's been a little while and can't remember exactly) and after I did I no longer hit them and my ride was much improved!!

Islandcat

Established Member
It's the stock driveshaft. So it's two piece. I will probably bring it in to the shop Monday and let them look at the upper control arm. Just not sure what it could be, but something is hitting something during shifts on hard acceleration. I was thinking bump stops cause my car squats down on the back real hard now during acceleration since the power upgrade

Islandcat

Established Member
My gf brought it to shop last week. They said the bushing for the trailing arm on top of rear end was all but gone. Bringing it in Wednesday to fix it.

Users who are viewing this thread