2009 GT500 or 2010 Camaro

Blaine

Established Member
:rolling:I'm a bigger fan of the V6 Camaro. 300HP and 29 MPG!!!! And a 23k pricetag!!! Move over HONDA. Who wants a crappy looking Honda when you can have a new Camaro with DOUBLE THE HP and BETTER MPG.:pop: **new Honda Civic gets 26 MPG with 140 HP.

So how can fans of Honda claim that the foreign engine technology is so good and efficient when they make 1/2 the power.. weigh less... have 2 less cylinders.. and STILL GET LESS MPG??? Hmmm... think people need to get their facts straight.

GM did a great job on the V6 Camaro. Wish Ford would make a V6 version of the Mustang that puts down these kind of numbers.:read:

Last edited:

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member
:rolling:I'm a bigger fan of the V6 Camaro. 300HP and 29 MPG!!!! And a 23k pricetag!!! Move over HONDA. Who wants a crappy looking Honda when you can have a new Camaro with DOUBLE THE HP and BETTER MPG.:pop: **new Honda Civic gets 26 MPG with 140 HP.

So how can fans of Honda claim that the foreign engine technology is so good and efficient when they make 1/2 the power.. weigh less... have 2 less cylinders.. and STILL GET LESS MPG??? Hmmm... think people need to get their facts straight.

GM did a great job on the V6 Camaro. Wish Ford would make a V6 version of the Mustang that puts down these kind of numbers.:read:

+1 on that. It seems like the only way Ford can get over 500hp is with a blower. Need to make a V8 engine without a blower that pushes out 500hp. That would be impressive.

Blaine

Established Member
+1 on that. It seems like the only way Ford can get over 500hp is with a blower. Need to make a V8 engine without a blower that pushes out 500hp. That would be impressive.

Well 500 HP on just engine would have its down sides.. to accomplish this they would have to have higher compression like the Z06. This is bad for modders who want to add Turbos/Superchargers at high boost. You would have to replace the short block to get monster rwhp numbers you can get with the current GT500.

Remember the Z06 engine can't be boosted very high and is known to go **BOOM** over 600 rwhp due to the thin cylinder wall linings.

BUT dang I would take a GT500 engine sporting a 427 and a blower... :beer: 1000 rwhp would be a bolt on away.;-)

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member
Well 500 HP on just engine would have its down sides.. to accomplish this they would have to have higher compression like the Z06. This is bad for modders who want to add Turbos/Superchargers at high boost. You would have to replace the short block to get monster rwhp numbers you can get with the current GT500.

Remember the Z06 engine can't be boosted very high and is known to go **BOOM** over 600 rwhp due to the thin cylinder wall linings.

BUT dang I would take a GT500 engine sporting a 427 and a blower... :beer: 1000 rwhp would be a bolt on away.;-)

Yeah I ment in like a regular Mustang GT. Wouldnt leave any room for improvement really.
Then those who want the GT500 for modding would have to buy it from factory with supercharger like they do now. Or boost up the GT500 to like 600-650hp stock. :rockon:

Captain Beyond

Established Member

The only reason GM engines make more hp NA is because they have more cubic inches. If they were limited to 4.6/5.4 liters, they wouldn't be making the power they do. There's no magic there. :nonono: Ford could easily make 500 NA hp with 7+ liters. I think they do well considering the size disadvantage. The new 5.0 will make 400 hp NA in the GT next year, nearly matching GMs 6+ liter engine. That's pretty impressive. :coolman:
Getting back to topic, I think you have already made up your mind in choosing the Camaro. You keep defending it. :rolleyes: Have you thought of just keeping your Terminator, especially if it's paid for. KB/Whipple Terminators are bad ass. :rockon: You have a very nice low mile example in a desirable color. Most guys your age would kill to have a car like yours. :beer:

Last edited:

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member
The only reason GM engines make more hp NA is because they have more cubic inches. If they were limited to 4.6 & 5.4 liters, they wouldn't be making 500 hp. There's no magic there. :nonono: Ford could easily make 500 NA hp with 7+ liters. I think they do well considering the size disadvantage. The new 5.0 will make 400 hp NA in the GT next year, nearly matching GMs 6+ liter engine. That's pretty impressive. :coolman:
Getting back to topic, I think you have already made up your mind in choosing the Camaro. You keep defending it. :rolleyes: Have you thought of just keeping your Terminator, especially if it's paid for. KB/Whipple Terminators are bad ass. :rockon: You have a very nice low mile example in a desirable color. Most guys your age would kill to have a car like yours. :beer:

The only reason I defend it is bec people are quick to judge. Yes it will have bugs-1st year model run.
As far as motors I know what you mean. But you have the technology to make a NA motor why not do it. Make a 6.0 and impress the crowd. The new 5.0 will be nice. Esp since the Camaro is a 6.0 with 423hp. So very impressed by Ford on that one. Just took them awhile to get on band wagon.
I thought about keeping car. Just want something different. Dont have to sell it. But someone agreed to what I wanted for it. So its time to move on to the next project.
Altho the buyer has to sell his current Lighting first. So I will be keeping Cobra until he is able to sell his Lighting.

Last edited:

Captain Beyond

Established Member
The only reason I defend it is bec people are quick to judge. Yes it will have bugs-1st year model run.
As far as motors I know what you mean. But you have the technology to make a NA motor why not do it. Make a 6.0 and impress the crowd. The new 5.0 will be nice. Esp since the Camaro is a 6.0 with 423hp. So very impressed by Ford on that one. Just took them awhile to get on band wagon.

I think most people on here don't like the looks of the new Camaro. It's a love it or hate it design. If you go over to the Camaro forums, you won't get any love for the Mustang there. I can't wait to smoke one. :burnout: :-D
BTW, Ford is coming out with a new 6.2 liter engine for their trucks. It's suppose to have 400+ NA hp and power the awesome SVT Raptor F150 later this year. That may be my next toy. :coolman:

Last edited:

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member
FYI :read:
Camaro SS not that impressive. It got beat by the Mustang GT.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/road-side-pub-17/605923-mustang-wins.html

See and I watched a vido where another company did a comparison of all 3 and they choose the Camaro bec of power and quailty of the build. They said the Mustang felt/looked cheaply make with all the plastic. :shrug:

Here you go. Motor Trend picked the Camaro as king.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests...llenger_rt_vs_2010_ford_mustang_gt/index.html

Last edited:

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
I thought about keeping car. Just want something different. Dont have to sell it. But someone agreed to what I wanted for it. So its time to move on to the next project.
Altho the buyer has to sell his current Lighting first. So I will be keeping Cobra until he is able to sell his Lighting.

Screw the NA bandwagon, I love my factory built and blown engine. To me you are getting more car with the Terminator/GT500 because they are blown from the start. Great engines that produce big numbers easily.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
See and I watched a vido where another company did a comparison of all 3 and they choose the Camaro bec of power and quailty of the build. They said the Mustang felt/looked cheaply make with all the plastic. :shrug:

2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS vs. 2009 Dodge Challenger R/T vs. 2010 Ford Mustang GT - Motor Trend

where does it say that(cheaply made with plastic)? mt commented on the build because of a faulty window and disconnected lines in the trunk lid. both of which can be explained by the fact that its a well used pre production unit that has been beat to hell by writers who dont own the car and dont care what they do to it!

they like the interior....
Loh was considerably more upbeat about the cockpit. "From the aluminum Mustang emblem on the steering wheel to the soft-touch dash to the bright and cleanly styled instruments -- it's the biggest leap from the old car and one of the major reasons I'd actually considering owning one.

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member
where does it say that(cheaply made with plastic)? mt commented on the build because of a faulty window and disconnected lines in the trunk lid. both of which can be explained by the fact that its a well used pre production unit that has been beat to hell by writers who dont own the car and dont care what they do to it!

they like the interior....

My mistake maybe I read it somewhere else. I've been doing alot of comparing lately.
Either way they choose camaro. But everyone has their own opnion.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
dude just get your camero, thats what you want get it. if you really like getting smoke buy 03-04 cobras all day and GT500's it will fit you perfectly. shit i remember when FOX 5.0 where spanking the 5.7 IROC's all day. so if you think ford smaller liters are gonna hold them back, i think your mistaken. i can see the ford new 5.0 take the new SS. but im biased because im a ford fan. so thats what i will always stick with. the best thing i can say to you is at least your not getting an import. so like i said the the begin, if the camero is want you want please just go buy it and a make yourself happy. its seems to have the options you want and the price that you want. you will still be welcome to come on this site. good luck with you purchase

Prodigy SVT

Established Member
Yeah, buy your POS Camaro already and quit your whining and rambling. You got a 03 Cobra and all you have done in this thread is dog Ford and sucked the Camaros ass. You seem quick to judge yourself. As if ford is going to put an N/A 6.0 engine in a regular Mustang GT? Yeah ok, but then you would bitch when they charge $40k+ for the thing. You make NO sense and I can tell by all of your replies that your not a real car guy. I bet you don't even change your own oil. Your talking about Ford jumping on the Bandwagon because of the new 5.0? Where the fu@k have you been? The 5.0 is Fords most popular engine? Why doesn't Chevy step out of the stone age and make a DOHC V8???? If your looking for someone to kiss your ass about buying a new Camaro, go to camaro.com. I think your just wasting time blabbing because you aren't even ready to buy, your waiting to sell your car to someone that has to sell their car in order to buy your car so you can finally buy your beloved Camaro Super Sled. Good luck with that.

Captain Beyond

Established Member

2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS vs. 2009 Dodge Challenger R/T vs. 2010 Ford Mustang GT - Motor Trend

I didn't see where thay said anything about a cheaply made Mustang. :shrug:
The Camaro is expected to be faster. Hell, it has a larger 6.1 liter engine compared to the Mustang's 4.6. That's the only advanatge it has but that will change next year with the GT's 400hp 5.0. :-D The Camaro's hefty weight really hurts it. I remember when the GT500 came out how all the Camaro nut swingers were making fun of it's weight. :lol1: It would take every bit of 500 hp just to keep up with the current GT500.
As others here have stated, just go buy your Camaro. It's obvious that's what you really want and you would be happier. Just don't pull up next to a GT500. :burnout:

Last edited:

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
dude just get your camero, thats what you want get it. if you really like getting smoke buy 03-04 cobras all day and GT500's it will fit you perfectly. shit i remember when FOX 5.0 where spanking the 5.7 IROC's all day. so if you think ford smaller liters are gonna hold them back, i think your mistaken. i can see the ford new 5.0 take the new SS. but im biased because im a ford fan. so thats what i will always stick with. the best thing i can say to you is at least your not getting an import. so like i said the the begin, if the camero is want you want please just go buy it and a make yourself happy. its seems to have the options you want and the price that you want. you will still be welcome to come on this site. good luck with you purchase

LOL..I remember spanking my buds IROC with my 85/Fox...hahahaha, oh-memories...

O/P-Sell your car after he sells his and by your Camaro...Then you'll be happy, I'll be happy when I finally get to spank 1:rockon:

Captain Beyond

Established Member
LOL..I remember spanking my buds IROC with my 85/Fox...hahahaha, oh-memories...

O/P-Sell your car after he sells his and by your Camaro...Then you'll be happy, I'll be happy when I finally get to spank 1:rockon:

+1 :coolman:

I grew up during the 5.0 era. Those were the days. I remember spanking IROCs and Fire Chickens regularly with my 5.0s. :-D The Mustangs owned the f-bodys then. I'm glad we're back on top again. :coolman:

Users who are viewing this thread