2009 Upgrades and fuel pump ?

Mike-E

Livin
Established Member
Well currently my car is at Zenke's Automotive getting my most current mods installed. Those mods are Pypes o/r x-pipe, J&M rear upper and lower control arms, ford racing 4.10 gears, underdrive pulley's, Hurst short throw, SCT tuner, and front control arm brace. Next up on the list is the fuel system to prep for a vortec supercharger. My question is what fuel pump is available that will bolt into the stock hat? I plan to run 47lb injectors and the SCT BA-5000 MAF. I was told the stock pump will handle up to 500 rwhp but I would really like to upgrade it anyways. Thanks for any advise!

S197GT07

Established Member
The stock pump won't handle anywhere near 500rwhp. Whoever told that to you doesn't know what's what.

You can run the stock pump with a BAP, but I'm not a fan of band-aids. That would max out around 440-450rwhp

You can get a stock pump fitted with a 340 pump, which would be good to the 500-550 range.

Most robust option is to be on the lookout for a used GT500 system.

Mike-E

Livin
Established Member
The stock pump won't handle anywhere near 500rwhp. Whoever told that to you doesn't know what's what.

You can run the stock pump with a BAP, but I'm not a fan of band-aids. That would max out around 440-450rwhp

You can get a stock pump fitted with a 340 pump, which would be good to the 500-550 range.

Most robust option is to be on the lookout for a used GT500 system.

YEah Im not a huge fan of the BAP. I did check out the GT500 system and I am definitely interested in it but I am trying to keep cost down for right now. I know my roomate used the SVT focus pump in his 2001 and it worked well. I'm looking to try something along those lines. What about this 340 pump you mentioned? Is that just the pump fitted into the stock hat? THanks

S197GT07

Established Member
Yes. There is a guy who will take your stock hat, and replace the pump with a 340, or a 405 in the stock hat.

Are you on S197forum? Thats where he is and where the info is.

Mike-E

Livin
Established Member
Yes. There is a guy who will take your stock hat, and replace the pump with a 340, or a 405 in the stock hat.

Are you on S197forum? Thats where he is and where the info is.

No I am only on here. Can you hook me up with a link please?

S197GT07

Established Member
No I am only on here. Can you hook me up with a link please?

WWW.S197FORUM.COM - Powered by vBulletin

You have to sign up to view anything. My take on the site:

It really has some of the best tech available for the 3v's, with some pretty smart guys.

There has been a recent (by recent I mean like the past 2 years...(funny, when did the 5.0's come out?)) influx of dumb ass people. We take the tech section VERY seriously.

If you:
post non-tech related stuff in the tech section
Don't search, and post about something that has been covered a bunch (like your fuel questions)

You will get chewed out. There is 0 censoring, and the forum is kinda sorta policed by the members.

Join and read the sticky's, when in doubt post in chit-chat. Once you're signed up, Jeremy (S&H Performance) has their own vendor sub-forum, and all the info is on there. For reference, my SN here is the same as it is there, so PM me over there with any Q's.

Mike-E

Livin
Established Member
WWW.S197FORUM.COM - Powered by vBulletin

You have to sign up to view anything. My take on the site:

It really has some of the best tech available for the 3v's, with some pretty smart guys.

There has been a recent (by recent I mean like the past 2 years...(funny, when did the 5.0's come out?)) influx of dumb ass people. We take the tech section VERY seriously.

If you:
post non-tech related stuff in the tech section
Don't search, and post about something that has been covered a bunch (like your fuel questions)

You will get chewed out. There is 0 censoring, and the forum is kinda sorta policed by the members.

Join and read the sticky's, when in doubt post in chit-chat. Once you're signed up, Jeremy (S&H Performance) has their own vendor sub-forum, and all the info is on there. For reference, my SN here is the same as it is there, so PM me over there with any Q's.

Hey thanks for the info and link. I checked it out and it's legit. I joined over there and have the same user name as here. Thanks again!!

03DSGMach1

10's or Bust!
Established Member
Good info over there! I'm on their as Chino. Btw, the focus pump in your buddy's 2001 is the standard fuel pump in S197's. Jeremy will definitely take care of your fuel needs, he's the route I would've gone had I not scored my GT500 system for $150.

S197GT07

Established Member
Hey thanks for the info and link. I checked it out and it's legit. I joined over there and have the same user name as here. Thanks again!!
Nice man! Just don't be stupid and you'll be fine.

Any of the people that bitch that people are mean are 95% likely to have been the guy that asks what exhaust sounds best in the tech thread.

Then we all ganged up on him, butthurt ensued, and he just wants to dis the site haha.

Good info over there! I'm on their as Chino. Btw, the focus pump in your buddy's 2001 is the standard fuel pump in S197's. Jeremy will definitely take care of your fuel needs, he's the route I would've gone had I not scored my GT500 system for $150.

$150?!! WTF! Thats nuts dude. I'm putting one together for like $450 and was pretty happy.

03DSGMach1

10's or Bust!
Established Member
A buddy of mine was having money problems and was parting out his car 06. He sold me the fuel system for $150 and his STS turbo kit for $1500.

Mike-E

Livin
Established Member
A buddy of mine was having money problems and was parting out his car 06. He sold me the fuel system for $150 and his STS turbo kit for $1500.

Wow if I could find a deal like that!! Thats awesome!! But thanks for the info guys. My previous car was a MS6 and the forum I was on was brutal. I never got ragged on but wow some guys pretty much dug their own grave there. I'll be sure to be cautious and search first with any future questions.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I would recommend going with the gt500 fuel pumps. The 340 an 405 are not really made to run on a.returnless fuel system.

S197GT07

Established Member
Wow if I could find a deal like that!! Thats awesome!! But thanks for the info guys. My previous car was a MS6 and the forum I was on was brutal. I never got ragged on but wow some guys pretty much dug their own grave there. I'll be sure to be cautious and search first with any future questions.

Good. Stay and learn as much as you can:coolman:

Users who are viewing this thread