2009 Yamaha YZF-R6 Raven edition

cbradley49

Established Member
Dude, I'm getting a little tired of people using the economy as a reason to try to steal stuff.

Like anything else, the bike is worth whatever someone is willing to pay. Just because some people are scared to spend money, doesn't automatically mean the person who's in the market for this kind of bike won't jump on this deal.

The company my wife and I (I just resigned/volunteered for a layoff) work for has a Honda cycles dealership. They're making a TON of money and are selling more bikes than ever. This is an enthusiast product with a near cult following.

People will FIND the money to buy a motorcycle.

The economy is tough, but it's not so tough that every single thing that's for sale has to be sold at a loss.

That's an asinine position only used by people who are trying to get something cheap.

Dude, this bike is nice. While I'd love to be the guy who offered you 1500 and take over payments if you said yes, I'd also understand if you didn't sell it.

I'm not saying this to anyone in particular in this thread. I'm just saying this because I see it just about everywhere I look these days. :(

Good luck,
Alan

Thanks man. I see where youre coming from. In my opinion, and any other enthusiast, this bike is worth every bit of $10K no matter how bad the economy is. The place where I bought the bike is one of the largest dealers in GA and they are selling bikes like crazy and have been all of last year and this year. I am in no situation to have to sell it, and plan on keeping it until the right deal comes along. Until then, I'll just keep modding it until I think im finished. This bike stock is already sick and needs nothing, I cant wait to see it when im finished.

PainNdaArse

Established Member
Don't lie, you only took it to 8k? I seen you riding it the other day! You were granny shiftin' like an ole lazy fart on a Goldwing! lol That thing looks good though, no doubt. Looks 20 times better than last years model.

cbradley49

Established Member
haha, i had to break it in right. It now has 1600 miles on it and I love minute of it. Since i finally got it broken in, i could see what it would do. Not bad for a 600. 11K rpm puts you on the back wheel. I got it to 12K and backed off, and thats the most its turned. And yes, I never had it over 10K until it had over a thousand miles, and thats not much considering it redlines at almost 17K. And yes I was granny shifting, too risky gettin on it in the middle of town haha

u n v kenny

Established Member
I am not bashing you at all... But I would have second thoughts too! I paid $12k otd for my R1. I am sorry but $11.5k agh I couldn't do it. Good luck on the sale and get that thing off your name!

Big Top GT

Jackstand Racer
Established Member
I'm a little lost in the math.

You've got a 90 dollar payment and want 2500 to do the deal.

Assuming a 60 month loan (5 years), that's only $5400.
Assuming a 72 month loan (6 years), that's only $6480

So, adding your down payment request you get:

60 mos. = $7900
72 mos. = $8980

That's leaving you a few thousand short of the 10.5 you're asking.

Do the 90 dollar payments go up after 3 years? (That's common for a lot of bikes.)

:)

Users who are viewing this thread