Established Member
My mods:
Full Bolt Ons
Cams
FP Red Turbo
450whp and 372wtq 93 Octane Pump Gas at 25psi

Porsche Mods:
Unknown but I would guess stock

So I am driving home from work and I see this black porsche up ahead. So naturally I speed up to see what it is. It looked just like this porsche minus the stickers on the side, wheels and all were the same (Got a good look when we went through the toll booth)

2009-Roock-Porsche-911-Turbo-RST-600-LM-Side-Angle-1280x960.jpg

Anyway I am pacing him at 80mph and he slows down to 65. So I slow down with him. I drop down to 3rd gear thinking he will beep it off, but no he just takes off and hard. I follow but don't have enough to real in his jump. At the end of my 4th gear he is half a car out infront.

I line up again at 70mph this time and try to get an even start. I being to brake boost and proceede to honk. Well he goes on the first honk and again the same results. By the end of my 4th gear he is half a car infront.

I pace him this time at 60mph and try to yell 3 beeps. He gives me the thumbs up and yells no more. I give the thumbs up back and go on my own way. I really think if I had the opportunity to brake boost and we had an even start it would have been a damn good race.

Oh well run what ya brung and he got me. I will find him again on my E85 tune which will definitely give me enough to reel him in. Still fun to hang with a 100k car.

Last edited:

03snakeminated

Established Member
:lol:, so the dude turned down the third race thinking he already beat you twice and the ready set go was on the first honk..:bash:

Last edited:

SRT-4 Turbo 7

Established Member
lol, so the dude turned down the third race thinking the ready set go was on the first honk, :bash:

Well he went on the first beep on the second race. And then he declined the 3rd race. But he wasn't an a**hole, he gave the thumbs up, just didn't understand an even start. So wish we got an even start, he might have been surprised by my lil 4 cylinder.

5 ltr. beater

....in spacers we trust
Established Member
how long has roll racing been around? 10yrs at least!

i mean for gods sake! are there still people out there that dont know how to roll race???? :cuss:

good runs!

fordvicious32v

Established Member
How do you like the 2010 X compared to your cobra, I went from a 03 cobra to a 05 evo rs and its a cool little car but the new x I heard is a bad ass machine.

SRT-4 Turbo 7

Established Member
How do you like the 2010 X compared to your cobra, I went from a 03 cobra to a 05 evo rs and its a cool little car but the new x I heard is a bad ass machine.

I have always been an EVO fan, had a 2006 EVO IX and now a 2010 EVO X. My 03 Cobra was an excellent machine, sounded great, looked great, made average power for the mods it had, the only complaint I had was the T56 Transmission. I personally hated it and though that it was notchy.

The Cobra seats felt better on longer trips and the gas mileage is about the same on the highway as my EVO. The EVO gets better gas mileage around town. They both respond excellent to modifications and are fairly cheap to get power out of.

My main problem with the Cobra is that it is difficult to drive year round and not having traction got old quick. I only had a ported Steg 5 and was running 315 MT ET Streets and had to peddle the hell out of first gear. The EVO when launched at 5,800 rpms will spin all 4 for a second, grip and go. The EVO is an easier car to drive hard and is an absolute blast in the corners.

I really wish I could afford both, but for a daily driver the EVO is just a better choice for me especially with NJ winters.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
how long has roll racing been around? 10yrs at least!

i mean for gods sake! are there still people out there that dont know how to roll race???? :cuss:

good runs!

People are skewed because they're on this forum, where all we do is talk about racing. The average Joe out there has absolutely no idea about honking it off 3 times.

Users who are viewing this thread