2010 FIFA World Cup

TripleBlack

FIFAchamp
Established Member
Well guys, we are just around the corner from the absolute biggest sporting event in the history of the world. :rockon:

The draw was today and one of my teams got stuck in a difficult group while my other team got a relatively easy one.

Here are the groups:

Group A:

South Africa
Mexico
Uruguay
France

Group B:

Argentina
Greece
South Korea
Nigeria

Group C:

England
USA
Algeria
Slovenia

Group D:

Germany
Australia
Ghana
Serbia

Group E:

Netherlands
Denmark
Japan
Cameroon

Group F:

Italy
Paraguay
New Zealand
Slovakia

Group G:

Brazil
North Korea
Ivory Coast
Portugal

Group H:

Spain
Honduras
Chile
Switzerland

So who do you guys think will advance out of each group? Any let downs, or surprises?

Discuss.

Last edited:

]sVt[Po|son

Established Member
Teams that I think will advance 1st round.

Group A:

France
Mexico

Group B:

Argentina
Greece

Group C:

England
USA

Group D:

Germany
Ghana

Group E:

Netherlands
Denmark

Group F:

Italy
Paraguay

Group G:

Brazil
Portugal

Group H:

Spain
Honduras (Where I was born)
but I think Chile will go on instead :smmon:

Its the world cup, there will be lots of surprises :rockon:

Still can't believe Argentina got such an easy group (Compared to others)

PureStang

Established Member
last night, i decided not to go to class today so 2 of my friends and i stayed up all night (literally all night, i have been awake since about 2 pm yesterday) and played fifa just to commemorate this great event lol. or just cause were college kids and we felt like playing fifa lol.

honestly, i cant wait till the games start. between me and my roommates and our sports buddies, my two tv's in my living room are constantly having sports on, and its only gonna get rowdier. :banana:

SupaNOVA

Is Not Amused.
Established Member
Some people must live under a rock/ The U.S got a pretty good draw, I see England and the United States advancing out of that group. The group of death is definitely the Brazil, Portugal and Ivory Coast group.

ToyoFl

Established Member
U.S.A got such a great draw, I'm very excited for them, as they should at least advance to the quarter finals...OP you didn't even say the two teams you were rooting for?

Mayo5

Established Member
lol at Group G.

Here are my picks:

Group A:

Mexico
France

Group B:

Argentina
Greece

Group C:

England
USA

Group D:

Germany
Ghana

Group E:

Netherlands
Cameroon

Group F:

Italy
Slovakia

Group G:

Brazil
Portugal

Group H:

Spain
Chile

TripleBlack

FIFAchamp
Established Member
last night, i decided not to go to class today so 2 of my friends and i stayed up all night (literally all night, i have been awake since about 2 pm yesterday) and played fifa just to commemorate this great event lol. or just cause were college kids and we felt like playing fifa lol.

honestly, i cant wait till the games start. between me and my roommates and our sports buddies, my two tv's in my living room are constantly having sports on, and its only gonna get rowdier. :banana:

DAMN! lol. I was up all night studying for a test, but I would take short breaks to watch sportscenter, lol.

Do you play fifa on the ps3? If so when are we going to get some online matches going? I might be mediocre at best at COD :nonono: but I'm pretty sick at fifa. Let me know! :rockon:

You know technically the World Cup starts today! There may not be any matches going on, but the head coaches will be hard at work picking apart the other 3 teams in their group.

TripleBlack

FIFAchamp
Established Member
Some people must live under a rock/ The U.S got a pretty good draw, I see England and the United States advancing out of that group. The group of death is definitely the Brazil, Portugal and Ivory Coast group.

Considering this sites demographics I'm not surprised people ACT as if they've never heard of the greatest sporting event in human history. I wouldn't be surprised if today's event gathered more viewers than any final in any sport here in the US. 31 1/2 nations tuned in nervously to see today's draw. (The 1/2 is for the US, since people here haven't fully accepted the global phenomena that is football.)

U.S.A got such a great draw, I'm very excited for them, as they should at least advance to the quarter finals...OP you didn't even say the two teams you were rooting for?

My bad, the two teams I am rooting for is Mexico (my heritage) and the US (my country). Mexico got a difficult draw. They are going to play in the opening match against South Africa. You know that stadium is going to be dressed in yellow and an entire nation will be behind the South African's. Even though they are the weakest of the group they are still playing at home. Then they have to play against France. Even though France has been playing poorly they are still a global power. Finally they close against Uruguay, which I think will be a tough match, but they can certainly get 3 points out of it.

The US was lucky this time around. They probably won't beat England, but they certainly have a good shot at the other two. I'm confident they will advance as the second seed.

TripleBlack

FIFAchamp
Established Member
pulling for USA of course, but my $$$$ would be on Germany to take it all.

Wait wait wait wait, are you serious?

The two teams to beat this time around are Spain and Brazil. Have you even seen these two teams play lately? :uh oh:

Don't let that fluke victory the US got over Spain fool you, Spain is the deadliest team with the best brand of football at this current moment. While Germany is a perennial favorite, they definitely will have their work cut out for them this time around. I think this WC might be the most contested in recent years, if you notice there really isn't a 'group of death' this time around.

Last edited:

TripleBlack

FIFAchamp
Established Member
I really hope mexico plays argentina, they've owned us for a long time now, it's time to get the monkey off.

Won't happen.

If Mexico advances in second and Argentina in first we may have another shot at them.

Mayo5 do you remember their match in Germany? Of course we all know who won, but Mexico clearly dominated that game. Mexico was on a mission that day! Guardado completely owned the left side of the pitch, they had excellent ball movement, and everything seemed to be clicking. It took the tournament's BEST goal by Maxi Rodriguez :nonono: to knock the Mexican's out. That game was one of the tournaments heart breakers, the better team DIDN'T win that day, but hey shit happens. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread