2010 GT500 VMP TVS Gen 2- added throttle body and 10% overdrive

ADL

Established Member
Hello,

I don't post often, but I thought someone may be able to use some info on my latest performance mods.
First, many many thanks to Josh at Horsepower Solutions in Newport News VA. He's done most of my mod installs and all dyno tuning. Great guy, great work and great customer service.
My previous mods included VMP TVS Gen 2, JLT intake, ARH long tubes, AFCO heat exchanger, BAP, and some additional minor mods. Josh gave me what I think is a conservative 93 octane tune. Put down ~610whp, ~590 torque.
Decided to take it about as far as I want to go with this setup on 93, so asked Josh and he suggested CJ twin 65mm tb, 10% overdrive pulley, ID1050X injectors, colder plugs. After installs and dyno tune, made ~690hp and ~690 torque on 93 octane.
Just got back from a drive and it seems to drive perfect.
I'm really liking this setup. I was thinking about selling this car and getting into something else, but this car with this setup is really great. I'm going to have to keep this one.
Best regards and God bless. Adam

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Nice numbers. Its amazing how restrictive the stock Throttle Body is. I got my kill tune for my Whipple monoblade. Even with the stock supercharger, its hauls the mail like a madman

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
^^ nice. Good to know.

Ill say this, the Whipple is quirky as hell on the road. Tip in is ok, but off idle to just before the boost bypass valve closes it feels sluggish. Put your foot into, go into boost, and hold the **** on!

ADL

Established Member
Just a quick update. Drove the car a few times. Wow!! The power and speed? Crazy!!
I know there are faster, better handling cars. But I can't imagine what they must be like to drive.
These GT500's with a relatively small amount of money spent on modifications are monster street cars!!

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
What size upper pulley?

Users who are viewing this thread