2010 S/C Sport Trac Adrenalin vs. 2018 Jeep SRT8

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
It's been a while since there were any street challenges for me. Last Friday was the exception. It's 6PM. There's a road at the end of town with a light, which rolls up to 65 MPH. I'm in the right lane. Jeep's in the left. First in line. He revs his motor. I keep mine quiet, well minus the electric fans.

Light turns green. At 30 it's 1/2 car. 60. Full car. I finally shut it down a good 2 maybe 3 car lengths ahead at 85.

So what does the Jeep driver do? Does the ole drive by and keeps going. By this time I'm back down to 70. Good thing too. A statey was up ahead. Guess who got a ticket? :)

I am actually surprised at how slow those things are. They sound good but for that price one would think they perform. Not buying the 4.4 0-60. That's gotta be BS. Or maybe it's the 6500' altitude?

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Go up against a Trackhawk since you both would be supercharged. Should be a good run.
Those bad bitches do 0-60 in less than 4 seconds. I think the average Performance Pages is around 3.5 seconds.

OneSlowV

Established Member
6500 is killing any na car he was more around 5 seconds are more . I’ve seen the new ones run a 4 flat or better down here

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Go up against a Trackhawk since you both would be supercharged. Should be a good run.
Those bad bitches do 0-60 in less than 4 seconds. I think the average Performance Pages is around 3.5 seconds.

I can only imagine. That to me is just too much power for a heavy SUV. Fun going up but really really hard to slow down safely. Best to step up to a pony car or coupe/sedan at that point.

Once I get healthier I plan on track nights up at Brandamere.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I can only imagine. That to me is just too much power for a heavy SUV. Fun going up but really really hard to slow down safely. Best to step up to a pony car or coupe/sedan at that point.
Once I get healthier I plan on track nights up at Brandamere.
It would be killer for me as I could drive it all year long as my daily driver and blow peoples' doors off at red lights. lol (Would be a daily driver and good in the snow with proper winter tires. A win-win in my case.)
Good luck with the track nights!

Grant Theft Auto

I hit deer.
Established Member
Jeep claims a 12.4 1/4 time for them but last Wednesday at the track there was a stock 2017 SRT8 running 13.4 @ 109 and a 2015 with intake and tune running 13.0 @ 108

They aren’t that fast

Good kill none the less

Last edited:

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Jeep claims a 12.4 1/4 time for them but last Wednesday at the track there was a stock 2017 SRT8 running 13.4 @ 109 and a 2015 with intake and tune running 13.0 @ 108
They aren’t that fast
That's weird. On the Hellcat forum, the people posting the performance pages in the SRT Pages tab on the Trackhawks, show that they are pretty fast. Especially for a 5,500 lb vehicle.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
That's weird. On the Hellcat forum, the people posting the performance pages in the SRT Pages tab on the Trackhawks, show that they are pretty fast. Especially for a 5,500 lb vehicle.

This

Ive seen plenty of them run high 12s at 110. They're strong for what they are that's for sure.

OP.. have you had your Explorer at the track?

Users who are viewing this thread