2011-2013 Mustang GT/BOSS Cooling Head Mod by MMR, eliminate the #8 cylinder failure

Ochoblanco

Established Member
I've heard of failures on the coyote motor but nothing with the roadrunner motor. But I agree in the fact that its cheap insurance.

ronsc

Established Member
cooling mod installation

I just installed the cooling mod on my 2011 mustang gt automatic .I took off the intake manifold and could not tap or pry out freeze out plugs ithey reguire a lot more force to get them to flip so you can grab them .put I did find a easy way to knock them out I used a 18 inch flat screwdriver from under the car you have access to both plugs along side the transmission in the transmission tunnel and you can guickly and easily hit the plugs so they pivot you still have to have the intake off.so you can pry them out once there pivoted. I wish I new I could do it this way before I wasted 2 hours trying everything to pivot them from the top witch Is a waste off time besides the very uncomfortable positions you have to be in . If you do it the way just explained it very easy good luck.

ronsc

Established Member
I just installed the cooling mod on my 2011 mustang gt automatic .I took off the intake manifold and could not tap or pry out freeze out plugs ithey reguire a lot more force to get them to flip so you can grab them .put I did find a easy way to knock them out I used a 18 inch flat screwdriver from under the car you have access to both plugs along side the transmission in the transmission tunnel and you can guickly and easily hit the plugs so they pivot you still have to have the intake off.so you can pry them out once there pivoted. I wish I new I could do it this way before I wasted 2 hours trying everything to pivot them from the top witch Is a waste off time besides the very uncomfortable positions you have to be in . If you do it the way just explained it very easy good luck.

I got the cooling mod from steve at blow by racing he's a great guy and knows everything about mustang mods the delivery came fast 2 days from when I order it. Next is a custom tune for my magnacharger with 3.4 inch pulley and airaid cai . steve from bbr is going to have that tune made for me Thanks Steve

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
I got the cooling mod from steve at blow by racing he's a great guy and knows everything about mustang mods the delivery came fast 2 days from when I order it. Next is a custom tune for my magnacharger with 3.4 inch pulley and airaid cai . steve from bbr is going to have that tune made for me Thanks Steve

Yeah man. Was a pleasure helping and working with you.

BOSSPOWER

Established Member
I have been pounding on my car for the last 18k miles and this was one of my first mods. I truly think it is worth it. It gives me a peace of mind.

Regards,

Manuel

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
and I thought all Coyote #8 failures were solved with the discovery of a factory Ford tuning issue.

Shaun @ AED exposed the problem months ago.

Users who are viewing this thread