2011 5.0 Mt-82 - Misfires - CPS re-learn ?

HrsePwr

Established Member
So I installed a new Exedy Clutch kit and re-surfaced the oem flywheel.
i have been driving the car nice and easy for break in procedure. ( btw this clutch feels MUCH better than oem )

After about 600kms, I get a flashing CEL on highway, car loses a bit of power. I was going to pull over but it went away in like 20 seconds.
About 100kms later the check engine light comes back on and is solid.
I go home and plug my scanner :
- p0301 cyl.1 misfire
- p0306 cyl.6 misfire
- p0300 random multiple misfire

car drives normal though.
i was checking around and people say that when you remove the flywheel it causes this issue. Due to the crank sensor which reads the teeth off the flywheel , so when it is removed/replaced the crank sensor needs to be relearned.

Now who can perform this ? And how does it get done ?
I don't want to go to the dealer for this.

Last edited:

HrsePwr

Established Member
So all the codes cleared today when I started my car. I drove it to my mechanic, he scanned the car. No more codes. He is thinking that the car has slowly auto-learned itself. Is this true ? Or will the problem come back ?

Skrapmetal

Established Member
I dont know about any auto relearn, so I cant speak to that. The only methods I know are the new xcals and IDS at a Ford dealership

Derek@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I dont know about any auto relearn, so I cant speak to that. The only methods I know are the new xcals and IDS at a Ford dealership

Yeah, I've never heard of any auto-relearn. I would still perform the crank relearn, regardless. The SCT X4 can do it (you can borrow a friends even if it's married to his vehicle) and any Ford dealer can do it too.

rduk

Established Member
I had the same thing happen to me. The code will pop back on,you'll have to take it to the dealer. I think they charged me 1 hour of labour

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

HrsePwr

Established Member
Yeah, I've never heard of any auto-relearn. I would still perform the crank relearn, regardless. The SCT X4 can do it (you can borrow a friends even if it's married to his vehicle) and any Ford dealer can do it too.

Thanks so much Derek !
The check engine light came back on upon decel on highway.
Pulled over plunged my Sct x4 tuner in, idled to the ideal ECT, did a REV hold @ 3,250RPM's to idle. And crank has been successfully re-learned.
Very simple fix, no need to take it to the " Stealership " .

Users who are viewing this thread