2011 5.0 vs 03 Termi

jas11151990

Established Member
Yup, my point exactly about the eaton whine. Thats what makes me :??: I mean the guy was filming and racing at the same time :nonono: I bet Cobra dude was in the wrong gear and didn't punch it soon enough like you said. Much credit to the new 5.0s but that was a prison rape. Should have been much closer.

Ricardo think of it like this, Sean ran me with the same whp difference as this race and look at how that race was. He pulled me just like a pulled this Cobra

thapr3dat0r

Just the Tip
Established Member
Hey Justin, how do you know it's 350rwhp? Is that just a guess or did Chris dyno it? That seems like a very low number considering many Termis dyno almost up to ~400rwhp stock. Even if he is at 350rwhp, based on a very low estimate, that's a 72rwhp difference, not almost 100. Just saying. But at the same weight I suppose that's where the 5.0 gets the advantage.

Jroc

Established Member
How about this, find me a stock cobra on here, ill run him and thats that.

You will kill a stock Cobra.

With 422 whp you would likely humble quite a few pulleyed Terminators also especially seeing as how your car is a lighter, and much better engineered machine. Most people on here just don't want to hear that, or consider that it might be true.

Stock eatons don't scream quite the same as ported/pulleyed eatons people, but no I don't think the Cobra was in the ideal gear, but you would have beat his ass regardless.

jas11151990

Established Member
Hey Justin, how do you know it's 350rwhp? Is that just a guess or did Chris dyno it? That seems like a very low number considering many Termis dyno almost up to ~400rwhp stock. Even if he is at 350rwhp, based on a very low estimate, that's a 72rwhp difference, not almost 100. Just saying. But at the same weight I suppose that's where the 5.0 gets the advantage.

A filter and exhaust its pretty stock and the 03/04 was 400 crank from factory

thapr3dat0r

Just the Tip
Established Member
Ricardo think of it like this, Sean ran me with the same whp difference as this race and look at how that race was. He pulled me just like a pulled this Cobra

Yeah I hear ya bro :beer: Im sure you do have a significant hp advantage on the Termi, but to be completely fair, Sean had an actual solid 100rwhp on you, dyno proven. I'm just curious to see a dyno of the Termi.

jas11151990

Established Member
You will kill a stock Cobra.

With 422 whp you would likely humble quite a few pulleyed Terminators also especially seeing as how your car is a lighter, and much better engineered machine. Most people on here just don't want to hear that, or consider that it might be true.

Stock eatons don't scream quite the same as ported/pulleyed eatons people, but no I don't think the Cobra was in the ideal gear, but you would have beat his ass regardless.

Agreed, after taking the extra weight outta my car (93 pounds) and my hp numbers, running the car in the vid which was pretty stock, maybe he could have been in 2nd but would have shifted soon to me, I would have still pulled hard. My car runs damn good seeing a built STI couldnt pull me.

jas11151990

Established Member
Yeah I hear ya bro :beer: Im sure you do have a significant hp advantage on the Termi, but to be completely fair, Sean had an actual solid 100rwhp on you, dyno proven. I'm just curious to see a dyno of the Termi.

Haha true, but say im 70whp more? Ive taken 93 pounds outta my car total so that helps as well.

Jroc

Established Member

Quit kidding yourself.(everybody) For your normal Terminator to dyno at 400 whp stock you better be on one hell of a liberal dyno. An engine dyno might be better if you are looking for those #'s stock. Most Terminators on your typical dynojet that's considered accurate, or not liberal or conservative with it's #'s will put down about 360 whp which would be underrated at a 390 bhp rating.

Hell your typical 07-09 GT500 doesn't even put down all that much more HP stock than what you're calming a stock Terminator puts down.(maybe withing 30-40 hp)

Last edited:

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Lol... 405hp z06 = 350rwhp... Ford with its magic drivetrain puts a 390hp engine in that makes 370rwhp. Do you 5.0 guys seriously believe terminators were 390hp????

thapr3dat0r

Just the Tip
Established Member
Hell your typical 07-09 GT500 doesn't even put down all that much more HP stock than what you're calming a stock Terminator puts down.(maybe withing 30-40 hp)

Alright, fair enough. That's true, I'll give you that. I dynod stock at 436rwhp.

I still wanna see that Termi on the dyno. Just to see what's what. Justin, get your buddy to Excessive! Shit, I need to get back there and see what I'm putting down now. Especially in this nice chilly weather :rolling:

Last edited:

jas11151990

Established Member
Lol... 405hp z06 = 350rwhp... Ford with its magic drivetrain puts a 390hp engine in that makes 370rwhp. Do you 5.0 guys seriously believe terminators were 390hp????

We said 70whp diff which puts it at about 360? :shrug:

jas11151990

Established Member
Alright, fair enough. That's true, I'll give you that. I dynod stock at 436rwhp.

I still wanna see that Termi on the dyno. Just to see what's what. Justin, get your buddy to Excessive! Shit, I need to get back there and see what I'm putting down now. Especially in this nice chilly weather :rolling:

Ill try, and ya you do man and those gears!!!

Im done with this thread lol You guys have fun going back and forth.

Last edited:

Jroc

Established Member

No one is saying a stock Terminator isn't underrated HP wise, but it seems that most of Fords modern offering are underrated to an extent. Most consider your typical factory Terminator motor to be in the 420/430 BHP range.

Hell it looks to me that a new GT is underrated way more than a Terminator is.
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rf3BzvEximI&feature=relmfu"]2011 Ford Mustang GT Dyno Test #1 Video - YouTube[/nomedia]

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Oh I agree, just thought I was seeing people trying to hold onto 390hp as if that number was more than marketing.

If memory serves they don't typical come close to 390rwhp... A lot of people were calling shenanigans on that video. That much power and 3600lbs 115+ traps would be all day everyday. Now that Im thinking about it people were not using 5th to dyno (1:1) and more than a few super high dynos were showing up at first.

Last edited:

Speedy308

Established Member

Rico - I'm only at like 130whp more ;) just saying.

The rest of you - The argument over this video is never ending. If you all know how this race, show us a more accurate race between a stock termi and a 410-420whp 5.0 (since everyone knows that youtube videos are completely accurate and reputable). Now that being said, the guy driving the termi was on a test drive (he personally owns a modded 11' 5.0) Also the car is sold so there are no dynoing it or re-races. He knows how to drive but I am not saying whether he drove the termi good or not as I wasn't there. Either way, no stock termi is going to keep up with this 410-420whp 5.0.

jas11151990

Established Member
Lolz, he said hes picking up an STI....weird change to get a lower payment

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread