2011 GT finally hits the street!

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Both runs looked pretty close to me.

Considering that the 5.0 had less than 20 miles on it and the dude didn't even know how to turn the traction control off, I'd say the results aren't bad.

LS1 Fbodies were low 13 sec cars, with a few freaks even breaking into the 12's, sounds pretty similar to the results we've seen from the 5.0 so far.

This...

Don't worry the 5.0 kills will start pouring in soon on lamborghinis and stuff... all is not lost! It will be the new supercar soon enough guys. :banana:

We go through this crap every time a 'new' setup comes out... it's beyond old but nothing new. This '1' race means nothing...

Stopsign32v

Established Member
This...

Don't worry the 5.0 kills will start pouring in soon on lamborghinis and stuff... all is not lost! It will be the new supercar soon enough guys. :banana:

We go through this crap every time a 'new' setup comes out... it's beyond old but nothing new. This '1' race means nothing...

GTFO of here with your common sense! :bored:

TVSCobra

Established Member
Anyone seen this?
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Qc4Xb7G1ck"]YouTube- Evolution Performance - First 2011 Mustang GT 5.0L 4V To Run 11's![/nomedia]

Riceater52910

Established Member
What are the new GTs trapping?? Thougt it was like 114? My old LS1 camaro went 13.00@109 stock, but it was a freak car. Point being that camaro was not stock, Even though the GT needs to break in a little.

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
34k for a GT....Not a chance in hell

Times are different man. Were not dealing with old terminators and GT's. This car has all the bells and whistles with the power to back it up. Fully option car is well worth it in my eyes.

assasinator

1 N the head,2 N da chest
Established Member
2001-2002 SS 330rwhp if its a freak. (i dont buy it)
2011 gt's........375rwhp on average. there are more and more dyno results showing just that.

lets say a light 2002ss = 3300lbs = 10/1 power to weight
now MY 2011 gt ........= 3605lbs = 9.61 p/w

there you have it.

assasinator

1 N the head,2 N da chest
Established Member
the first things im doing to mine is weight reductions, and exhaust,filter,tune. which should easily get it to 400rwhp.

400rwhp/3505 = easy LS1/2/3 kills. sorry guys. it is what it is.

you f-body guys are going to run into guys like me who know how to maximize their cars. a light weight 2011 GT plus 400-425rwhp means even with average H/C/I power you will likely lose to me. who cares about the averge non-driver. its guys like ME who will get the kills on you.

the days of a lid, tune, exhaust, CAI winning are over forever. cuz MY lid/tune/cai/ exhaust is netting me OVER 400rwhp.

Last edited:

xenodragon

Established Member
Why cant people just film races without a 50 minute intro of the walk arounds of all the cars in the parking lots.

Matts777

Established Member
the first things im doing to mine is weight reductions, and exhaust,filter,tune. which should easily get it to 400rwhp.

you f-body guys are going to run into guys like me who know how to maximize their cars. a light weight 2011 GT plus 400-425rwhp means even with average H/C/I power you will likely lose to me. who cares about the averge non-driver. its guys like ME who will get the kills on you.

the days of a lid, tune, exhaust, CAI winning are over forever. cuz MY lid/tune/cai/ exhaust is netting me OVER 400rwhp.

There is still time for you to get your deposit back and spend $10k less on a nice used low mileage C5Z :-D

S8ER01Z

Established Member

:rollseyes like you won't find f-body cars running single digits or anything..

People mod their cars on both sides of the fence...but pro post you look real cool. :nonono:

CD07GT500

Klaus's Bitch
Established Member
geez anybody who thinks this is going to be the norm for here on out is out of there mind... this is the same car that stock for stock is comparable to a stock terminator and we are trying to say it is in stock ls1 territory lol right.... ha c5z is old news

FMX05

Established Member
Can anyone post a tune/tire only Camaro running 11s? I dont think so....

Their description talks about full exhaust setups for sale and what not. I didn't see a mod list for the car so we are just guessing. The reason you don't see more bolt on LS1 F-bodies in the 11's is the weak stock rear end. In order to hit that kind of ET on the relatively low trap they have to leave pretty hard. The 10 bolt is only good for 1.7's-1.8 while staying safe. Lots of people go 1.6's but they start to break. A few people have gone 1.3-1.4 with a good bit of weight reduction but it only happens a handful of times. However, here is a link you can look through. Some of the cars closer to the bottom of the list are full weight 6 speeds.

Quickest STOCK INTERNALS List - 11.74 bump! - LS1TECH

When you say that, I can say let me know when a Heads/cam/stock bottom end 5.0 GT runs 9.70's (current LS1 record). We can go back and forth all day.

No one really believes that every stock LS1 4th gen is faster than the new 5.0... I think a lot of people are being drama queens in this thread. 4th gens trap 108-109 in good conditions with a few people hitting 112 on drag radials in good weather. The GT is a few mph quicker than that. It has a stronger diff as well. It's a faster car. There is no doubting that. However, it IS still a driver's race. A low 13 second 4th gen with a low 13 second driver will be capable of busting some 5.0 ass if the driver isn't on his game. It's like that with everything though. I've seen bolt on C5 coupes blow away LS3 C6's. Once again, for you thick headed people, no one from the LSX crowd with half a brain thinks the new 5.0 GT is slower than an LS1 4th gen.

TVSCobra

Established Member
We shouldn't even be comparing these two cars stock for stock. A stock LS1 F-body shouldn't even be close to a new GT. Sorry but that F-body had to have more done to it or the guy the GT can't drive at all. These two cars should weight close to one another, the GT makes 375rwhp (average), even with a manual on 3.31 it should have been a few cars by 100. Do get me wrong here Im not a Ford fanboy, I like chevy, but the GT should have won big.

Users who are viewing this thread