2011 GT finally hits the street!

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
Or maybe you're just a giant ****ing idiot.

Here's the Cobra:

Installing a Hellion Turbo Kit in a 2004 Mustang SVT Cobra - Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords Magazine

:kaboom:

Like most boosted Fords, it's a dyno queer

Just wanted to come in and clear a few things up......

Both of those cars in the video you posted are located right here in albuquerque, new mexico. Where I LIVE. The white camaro driven by "trmin8tor" or whatever is Sean and he is part owner of a shop down here called solidtech. Ive been to his shop more than once for barbecues and what not. He also owns an 03 Viper. While Sean is abit of an ignorant SOB his car is fast. On a 275 shot plus a big cam, M/T slicks, stalled auto and bolt ons his car went 10.03 at abq national dragway. I was there for the passes he made. I also know that it has since went 9.9x as well. However, his car did not do this on a stock ls1 motor. He melted a piston with the 200 shot along time ago and it has since been forged and completely built for several years now.

Those are the facts.

Something you also need to know about all the turbo cars up here including the cobra he ran in that video. One thing hellion(based right here in albuquerque) likes to do to advertise their turbo kits is that when they dyno the cars they post corrected dyno numbers that should not be corrected for altitude because they are turbo cars. Turbo cars dont lose very much power at this altitude. They lose maybe 5%. Same goes for nitrous powered cars. They make their own atmosphere so the power loss is very low even at high altitude. However, all the dynos around here are calibrated for the high altitude. Naturally aspirated cars and supercharged cars lose about 30% power due to the altitude here vs at sea level. I have personally proven this at the track. A stock mach 1 will dyno roughly 30% higher than a stock 99-04 gt will. Guess what? My stock mach 1 ran the same times that a bone stock 99-04 gt does at sea level. In fact it dynoed the same at this altitude as a typical 99-04 gt does bone stock at sea level.

So the correction factor is pretty dead on. The dynos automatically calculate based on actual altitude what the car would have made at sea level and it displays on the dyno graph two sets of numbers. One is the corrected set which the dyno shows what the car would have made at sea level and then it shows a second set of numbers of what the car ACTUALLY made at this altitude. The problem is, the dyno doesnt know when its reading a car thats naturally aspirated, doing nitrous pulls, supercharged or turboed. Unless the tech changes the readings then it will still display a 30% correction factor for a nitrous or turbo powered car.

Seans white camaro(trmin8r) made 601 rwhp at this altitude which means thats without a correction factor. Motiva performance is where the hellion twin turbo cobra in the video was dynoed. Its where hellion dynos all of their cars and motiva is a 10 minute drive from my house. The cobra didnt make 850rwhp at this altitude. With the setup it had in that video it wouldnt have even made that at sea level, but because they applied the dynos 30% correction factor it provides some really impressive numbers. In truth, that cobra only made about 595 rwhp at THIS altitude and it wouldnt be much higher than that at sea level.

If you dont believe any of what I just told you then go watch the video you posted again. See how close the race was? The camaro never got more than half a car ahead of the cobra and then the cobra started pulling back and then the pull slowed again. It was a very close race. Pretty accurate results considering the ACTUAL power both cars were making and their similarities in weight(the camaro has a full cage).

The faulty corrected dyno numbers of the cobra just make the camaro look that much better.

I know the owners of both cars and they can be seen regularly at Sonic on eubank and montgomery on a friday nite where all the immature racers hang out. Sean even has his viper there from time to time.

THAITED

Established Member
Just wanted to come in and clear a few things up......

Both of those cars in the video you posted are located right here in albuquerque, new mexico. Where I LIVE. The white camaro driven by "trmin8tor" or whatever is Sean and he is part owner of a shop down here called solidtech. Ive been to his shop more than once for barbecues and what not. He also owns an 03 Viper. While Sean is abit of an ignorant SOB his car is fast. On a 275 shot plus a big cam, M/T slicks, stalled auto and bolt ons his car went 10.03 at abq national dragway. I was there for the passes he made. I also know that it has since went 9.9x as well. However, his car did not do this on a stock ls1 motor. He melted a piston with the 200 shot along time ago and it has since been forged and completely built for several years now.

Those are the facts.

Something you also need to know about all the turbo cars up here including the cobra he ran in that video. One thing hellion(based right here in albuquerque) likes to do to advertise their turbo kits is that when they dyno the cars they post corrected dyno numbers that should not be corrected for altitude because they are turbo cars. Turbo cars dont lose very much power at this altitude. They lose maybe 5%. Same goes for nitrous powered cars. They make their own atmosphere so the power loss is very low even at high altitude. However, all the dynos around here are calibrated for the high altitude. Naturally aspirated cars and supercharged cars lose about 30% power due to the altitude here vs at sea level. I have personally proven this at the track. A stock mach 1 will dyno roughly 30% higher than a stock 99-04 gt will. Guess what? My stock mach 1 ran the same times that a bone stock 99-04 gt does at sea level. In fact it dynoed the same at this altitude as a typical 99-04 gt does bone stock at sea level.

So the correction factor is pretty dead on. The dynos automatically calculate based on actual altitude what the car would have made at sea level and it displays on the dyno graph two sets of numbers. One is the corrected set which the dyno shows what the car would have made at sea level and then it shows a second set of numbers of what the car ACTUALLY made at this altitude. The problem is, the dyno doesnt know when its reading a car thats naturally aspirated, doing nitrous pulls, supercharged or turboed. Unless the tech changes the readings then it will still display a 30% correction factor for a nitrous or turbo powered car.

Seans white camaro(trmin8r) made 601 rwhp at this altitude which means thats without a correction factor. Motiva performance is where the hellion twin turbo cobra in the video was dynoed. Its where hellion dynos all of their cars and motiva is a 10 minute drive from my house. The cobra didnt make 850rwhp at this altitude. With the setup it had in that video it wouldnt have even made that at sea level, but because they applied the dynos 30% correction factor it provides some really impressive numbers. In truth, that cobra only made about 595 rwhp at THIS altitude and it wouldnt be much higher than that at sea level.

If you dont believe any of what I just told you then go watch the video you posted again. See how close the race was? The camaro never got more than half a car ahead of the cobra and then the cobra started pulling back and then the pull slowed again. It was a very close race. Pretty accurate results considering the ACTUAL power both cars were making and their similarities in weight(the camaro has a full cage).

The faulty corrected dyno numbers of the cobra just make the camaro look that much better.

I know the owners of both cars and they can be seen regularly at Sonic on eubank and montgomery on a friday nite where all the immature racers hang out. Sean even has his viper there from time to time.

He's trolling so he will come up with something difference just to argue, trust me.

assasinator

1 N the head,2 N da chest
Established Member
he has been quiet for a while now..... maybe he knows he is....

WRONG WRONG WRONG. JUST ADMIT IT MRLDR1 YOU ARE WRONG. WRONG AND UMMMM NOT VERY KNOWLEDGABLE!!!!!!!!!!!

assasinator

1 N the head,2 N da chest
Established Member
Press Release
FASTLANE FIRST TO TURBO-CHARGE NEW MUSTANG 5.0

Houston-Based Tuner Adds 120 Ponies to Ford’s Vaunted Pony Car

Houston, TX (July 2010)—Using the proven reliable technology of Borg Warner’s 72mm S400 Turbo, Fastlane has tackled the new 5.0 Mustang GT and has developed the ultimate Turbo System. Having already proven their turbo system savvy in the 2010 Camaro SS, Fastlane wanted to be the first aftermarket manufacturer and tuning shop to boost the new Mustang GT.

Fastlane’s new Ford Mustang GT Turbo package will conservatively produce a blistering 530+ RWHP and 500 RWTQ on the six-speed model with only six-seven psi boost.

“Fastlane was founded on modifying Mustangs,” says Nick Field, Co-Owner of Fastlane. “We’ve gone back to our roots with this turbo package and have made the new Mustang GT even more significant.”

The Fastlane Turbo Package for the 2010 Mustang GT features the following:

* Low boost – 6-7psi
* At least 120 additional RWHP
* Designed for stock engines
* Quiet, reliable operation with big block power
* 72mm Borg Warner extended tip turbo, front mount air to air bar and plate style intercooler
* 304 stainless steel tubing, which is mandrel bent for great flow (This kit boasts direct bolt-on with no cutting or modifications needed).
* On a conservative streetable tune of 6-7 psi, this kit produces at least 530RWHP and 500 RWTQ

Beyond the remarkable turbo system, Fastlane’s R&D department has developed additional go-fast performance items, raising the 360 hp at the wheels to the following:

* Long Tube Headers: 390 hp
* Add 3” Exhaust: 401 hp
* Add Cold Air Intake: 412 hp

About Fastlane

Fastlane, Inc. is a team of certified domestic vehicle tuners and technicians who are dedicated to building cutting-edge street machines. For more than 13 years they have provided enthusiasts and racers with the means to surpass the competition, whether on the street or on the track. Fastlane not only manufacturers the highest-quality aftermarket performance parts, but they also build turn-key vehicles suited to customers’ specifications. Fastlane track tests their parts and vehicles and has an impressive winning-trophy collection to prove their engineering can’t be beat. All performance packages meet or exceed the guaranteed horsepower rating at the rear wheels and come with a 12 month/12k mile limited warranty when installed by Fastlane. For more information, please visit 2010 Camaro Performance, Turbo Systems & Supercharger Systems or call (713) 600-8600.

6-7 psi...

i know in my 4.6 ported head 4v turbo , i dont make anywhere near 530rwhp at 6-7psi.

9secondko

9secondko
Established Member
trmin8r vs Hellion Cobra (850 rwhp) - trmin8r has - Car Videos on StreetFire

850rwhp Hellion Cobra. 600rwhp Camaro. Camaro wins. :cryying:

there is too much wrong with that video.

First, the Camaro gets the hit, which may be proper considering the time for the turbos to spool. After that though, 200 + horses are going to smoke the Camaro. Not even close.

We don't know how much power each actually had and we don't know if there were any "issues" either.

the way the Mustang pulled off after the race, which may he may have won, judgine by the way he decelerated and pulled off the road, it appears they did not know each other.

Something was off. obviously.

SSmokinn SS

Established Member
LOL at arguing about "termin8tr's" setup

hes not even nitrous anymore or even a T56 at that matter. He is now a big single, big stalled auto....he runs consistent low-mid 9's how his car sits now and is a little over the 900rwhp mark

for a while he was a MS3 cam setup with a 150-200 shot...then he melted a piston or whatever and built it and was running a 250+ shot for a while...now his car is exactly how I said above.

Users who are viewing this thread