2011 GT/V6 HT Axle Back FS

PhantomX

Established Member
Ordering up a new exhaust combo since I'm going with the Lethal O/R X I know this AB, for me anyway, will be to loud. I'm getting old what can I say. So I ordered the GT500 Mufflers and tomorrow I'm ordering the X Pipe.

This is a Heartthrob AB (http://www.heartthrobexhaust.com/) and on it's owns sounds really fantastic. Car gets a lot of complements on how it sounds, really deep growl and minimal drone (my cats are still on). Cruising at 80 with 3.73's around 2500rpm it's just a nice growl from the back, nothing annoying. Everyone has there tolerance level of course and with off roads this for me will be to loud.

To give you an idea, they do pickup performance. My car did 12.10 @ 115mph on stock tires with just this Axle Back and Livernois tune, nothing else. With a C&L, this AB and tune put down 425RWHP/400TQ. Not to mention you'll drop about 25lbs off the rear end when you lose the stock mufflers too. There bullet style mufflers with 4" tips and are really light weight. You use your stock clamps to put them and they go in really easy.

Here is an image of the system:
photo-9.gif

Here are couple sound clips of it:

Idle/Rev:
th_IMG_0057.gif

Launch at the Track
th_IMG_0056.gif

Sorry if the audio isn't up to snuff it was done with my iPhone, still not to shabby though...

Asking $200 shipped to the continental US, you can PM or email me if your interested. If your local and want to pick it up $180....

Last edited:

PhantomX

Established Member
Pulled the AB off the car last while installing the X, threw my stock mufflers on till monday when the GT500's arrive. Let me know if/when you want them and I'll send them out...

VETTKLR

Established Member
AB just showed up, Bill. I sure appreciate the hookup on them...we're stoked to get them on the car tomorrow! :rockon:

Thanks again! :beer:

VETTKLR

Established Member
When I installed them, I thought the angle of the tips were way off, but when it came down from the lift, the angled slash tips kinda follow the contour of the bumper. Looks pretty cool. Sounds a lot better than the heavy stockers! :coolman:

Thanks again! :beer:

PhantomX

Established Member
It's funny you mention that I thought the exact same thing when I installed them then when I stood up and looked at it, then it made sense...

Users who are viewing this thread